LaunchBox Community Forums

Best 2 player non fighting games

Aevans0001

So my brother and I love playing games.  It doesn't matter if its arcade, nintendo, sega, sony, xbox.  We typically like games where 1 player  can kill the other but that is not the object (No fighting games).  We also are not too much into the games you have to really work at (like call of duty) we like games like super mario, lode runner dig fight (current favorite), the side games on New super mario, metal warriors (SNES), etc.  WE are looking for some new games.  What is everyones favorite 2 player games!  

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some random ones my buddies and I play all of the time:

PC - Mount your friends

Dreamcast - Virtua Tennis, Rush 2049, Super Mario War (fan made)

Original Xbox - Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, The Bible Game (for the lolz), The Guy Game (like how I put this next to the bible game?), Fusion Frenzy

Arcade - Pang, Miss World Nude 96

We love weird random 2 player games. Not your normal FPS or fighting games. Those are too bland and overdone.

Edited by 5kids2feed

• 2 weeks later...

Not a retro game but the borderlands series (namely #2) is my hands down favorite couch co-op game of all time.. If ya give it a go, run with Salvador (easier of the two) and Maya combo to start off with.

Just thought I'd throw it out there to ya, if you're looking for that sort of thing.

Edited by IJuanaKickBooty

On 2/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, 5kids2feed said:

Here's some random ones my buddies and I play all of the time:

PC - Mount your friends

Dreamcast - Virtua Tennis, Rush 2049, Super Mario War (fan made)

Original Xbox - Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, The Bible Game (for the lolz), The Guy Game (like how I put this next to the bible game?), Fusion Frenzy

Arcade - Pang, Miss World Nude 96

We love weird random 2 player games. Not your normal FPS or fighting games. Those are too bland and overdone.

I played Virtua Tennis, Super Mario War, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe game and these are really great game.

I'm not a huge sports game fan but digging back from my childhood my cousins and I went hard on:

NFL Blitz, NBA Jam, NHL Hitz (Gamecube, deceptively fun game), Top Gear (SNES), Fzero, Smash TV, Army of Two, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Smash Bros. (64 is the best, IDC), Super Mario Kart, Secret of Mana, Uniracers (SNES, deceptively fun game), Bubble Bobble, Battletoads, Bomberman, TMNT Turtles in Time, Marble Madness, (Fusion Frenzy is available on xbox one for download via backwards compatibility for 10 bucks, think Mario Party meets Tron)

• 2 weeks later...

One game we used to love my brother and I when we were kids, was Chip & Dale on the NES ; it's a 2 player platformer where one player could carry the other one around. I loved carrying my brother's character and throw him out of the screen. :D

• 11 months later...