LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch : Mesen Core , games compatibility

dov_EL

I had a look and in the core controller options there is an option for the Arkanoid controller but I couldn't get it to work. I tried setting up 2 controllers, one as a normal controller and the 2nd as Arkanoid and the other way around as well but no luck in either configuration. I even tried the stand alone version of Mesen along with the Nestopia and Fceumm cores and neither of them worked either, maybe i'm missing something. The actual game was packaged with its own rotary controller so maybe that has something to do with the emulation of it not working the way it should.

The Arkanoid controller is meant to be used with the mouse, not a keyboard/gamepad.  Move the mouse left/right to move, and click to select options or shoot the ball.

If you're using a keyboard/gamepad, it makes more sense to just use the "standard controller" instead.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sour said:

The Arkanoid controller is meant to be used with the mouse, not a keyboard/gamepad.  Move the mouse left/right to move, and click to select options or shoot the ball.

If you're using a keyboard/gamepad, it makes more sense to just use the "standard controller" instead.

In the BARTOP i have only Joystick , no keyboard , no mouse. 

10 hours ago, dovella said:

In the BARTOP i have only Joystick , no keyboard , no mouse. 

The problem is essentially that the game detects that an Arkanoid controller is plugged in and ignores the standard controller input.

If you set P2 to "Standard Controller" (USA version, set P5 to "None" for Japanese version) in the control options, the core should disconnect the arkanoid controller and the game should allow you to play with a regular controller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1