LaunchBox Community Forums

Plugin conflicts when switching between themes

NJDave71

I may have found a plugin bug when switching between themes.   @CriticalCid is using my HelperControl plugin for his AEON MQ7 for the scrolling text.   This control does a few other things such as returns the Total Game Count and has a couple custom converters.  When Switching from his theme back to my theme Aeon Nox.  BigBox throws an XAML Error referencing this control.   If i close Big Box and open it again all is fine.       Has anyone else experienced this issue when switching themes?

Edited by CriticalCid
Renamed title

I might be wrong but I think that's the same issue that @eatkinola has encountered a while ago as well. I'll just quote him:

On 15.10.2017 at 3:51 PM, eatkinola said:

CZ/CH and Nostalgia use different versions of the same plugin Ao.Bigbox.Themer. The first theme loaded gets its version of the plugin loaded, and subsequently switching to the other theme spews a lot of errors. I should've anticipated and fixed this problem sooner. @Porl Hendybrought this to my attention. I tried to fix it like this by specifying the assembly version:

xmlns:aop="clr-namespace:Ao.Bigbox.Plugins;assembly=Ao.Bigbox.Themer,Version=3.0.0.0"

That did not work, as .NET apparently ignores versioning for loose XAML. The following does work:

xmlns:aop="clr-namespace:Ao.Bigbox.Plugins;assembly=Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_0"

When I compiled the assembly, I just included the version in the name. This resolves the conflict and now I can switch between CZ/CH and Nostalgia without problems. Just wanted to pass along this solution. It might've already been obvious to y'all. If you have a better approach, please let me know. I like this approach because it's quite clear by the file name which version a theme is using.

• Like 2

I get the same issue. I've seen this for example on the weather plugin. From memory what happened was I included the weather plugin to my theme and it referenced another theme that had the plugin and threw an XAML error. Closed bigbox and reopened and it was all good. Checked my references all fine, removed other themes just to make sure and its fine.

Also I noticed if another theme had the weather plugin it would sometimes list there location listed.

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

I get the same issue. I've seen this for example on the weather plugin. From memory what happened was I included the weather plugin to my theme and it referenced another theme that had the plugin and threw an XAML error. Closed bigbox and reopened and it was all good. Checked my references all fine, removed other themes just to make sure and its fine.

Also I noticed if another theme had the weather plugin it would sometimes list there location listed.

BINGO