LaunchBox Community Forums

Zomb's Lair - Reviving Old Classics

Zombeaver

17 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

He means like on GOG or Steam or something (because I only do abandonware - stuff that isn't on those services). It's not though.

Heretic II ? and don't tell me it's commercially available because it's not. 

Edited by Klopjero

Depends on the game. If it's DOS, I'm setting it up in DOSBox, if it's Amiga it's FS-UAE, if it's 3.1 I'm using DOSBox Daum with a 3.1 environment in it, if it's 95 I'm using PCem, if it's an older Windows (but post 16-bit Windows) game, I'll use either some sort of video wrapper like DDrawCompat or DgVoodoo 2 or some sort of patch to get it working, depending on what it needs.

Once it's setup and working, I create artwork for it, then create an installer using either InstallForge or Inno Script Studio (InstallForge is what I use most, but Inno is sometimes necessary for more complex jobs - it's not nearly as user friendly though), write a review for the game, upload it to Archive, then add a page for it on my website.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

eya, just completed Gunman chronicles, thanks for the package, it runs magnificently. I updated the GamesDB entry, assigning regions to the various boxes and adding a clear logo, 3d and 2d boxes for both the US and EU when they were missing. I thought I'd drop by and mention this and say thanks!

• Like 1

@Zombeaver a different question. arcade like gaming rigs sport some exotic hardware. Dolphin bar for instance. and some games act weird because some of these HIDs mess with the controlls. 
For instance, Bioshock Infinity and Rise of the Triad spin upwards. other games like prototype 2 don't start at all. Do you have a script that can disable some hardware before starting a game ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...