LaunchBox Community Forums

In touch with a fantastic Video Program developer - Exciting stuff coming

cleverest

I've known this guy for years...He made hands down the best video organization program available....I have no vested/financial ties, just stumbled on this guy awhile back...I've known him for at least 6 years, and he is one of the most responsive and accommodating app developers I've ever had the privilege of BUYING software from (although he does offer a trial to fully check out his software)...but what struck me and had be buying the software fast, was much like Launchbox, he genuinely cares about the quality of his program and he listens to ideas, much like Jason does with Launchbox,.... and if it's a good idea, and even a bit radical, he still moves to implement them quickly. I've literally donated extra to this guy as a thank you; which is something I never do for other software (although I have referred several people to buy Launchbox if that counts...)

So... I take great pride is seeing some of the features I've requested make it into his video organization program, which BTW is the top one out there...I've tried them all...

Anyways, after not discussing things with him for a couple years, I've been requesting some exciting feature updates to his excellent program, and he's agreed to work on the idea in a next couple weeks. The reason I bring it up is that it will be an amazing one to use to build video clips from, from single video files/games OR multiple video clips to build playlist or platform videos!  The idea is to have a batch process available in his existing excellent program which will take any video(s) highlighted, and utilizing parameters you set (for time start/end time and clip second duration, or randomizing them), it will automatically pull clips from that video or many videos  and compile them into a single video file.

I'm excited cause I think about the time wasted just having to load an editing program and do this manually, when this could feasibly be accomplished in second or a couple minutes, and tweaked if the automated settings fail to come up with something nice....

Thoughts? Ideas?  I'll happily pass it along...this guy is very receptive to feedback.  I'll post more details later as I get some progress on this.  

It's the closest thing I've ever found to Launchbox, but for videos...a lot of the CLIPS and TAGGING features I actually requested and shared a lot of data with him, and he really took off with it :-) most of the work I suggested on it was around Version 2.0-2.09 if I recall...so it's been awhile and has grown a lot from what I see it's over v4 now.

Based on what you're describing, the people that make the various platform and game theme videos would be the places to start, since it sounds like that's the type of thing where it might be of use.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/16-platform-theme-videos/

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/11-game-theme-videos/

Keep in mind though that if they're anything like me, switching software for this sort of thing is going to be a really tough sell - getting used to a specific process and workflow is kindof an intrinsic part of the process, so upending that for something else would have to have a really really good reason attached with it. That's not to say that it couldn't be a useful tool, just that people can get set in their ways, especially when you get used to doing a similar-but-different task over and over. Gimp is, in some ways, very similar to Photoshop but, as an avid Photoshop user, Gimp feels like an alien planet to me.

• Like 2

I totally get what you're saying, but at the same time I'm not aware of any other program that allows you to batch process multiple video files in a folder and auto-assemble them together from extracted clips into a single video file....nothing that I've seen....so this seems like a unique and fast way to accomplish something that takes considerably longer with every other software solution out there.

Or am I missing something else that does this and I'm simply lacking experience in this domain?  I suppose that's totally possible.