LaunchBox Community Forums

NEO GEO MVS AES, Retroarch, Game wont boot

breite07

I went through ETA Prime's current tutorial on the above system and cannot get to work.

One thing he didn't mention was that you had to put the neogeo.zip BIOS file in the /roms directory.

I can get everything working through RetroArch just fine.  However, in Launchbox I click on the title and nothing happens at all.

Can't figure out what is wrong as I have reviewed and reviewed ETA Prime's video and did everything correctly.

Any tips would be appreciated. Again, it works fine doing everything is RetroArch but I must be missing something in Launchbox.

Thanks!

Could you add a screen shot of your Associated Platform tab for RetroArch to get to it go to tools manage emulators double click on RetroArch and then when the form opens go to the 2nd tab Associated Platform also make sure that the Associated Platform is named exactly the same as what you named the platform in LB any deviation from that will cause it not to work.

was following ETA Prime's tutorial - he said to use Final Burn Alpha - see his text file below:

RetroArch NeoGeo LaunchBox

Emulator Name = Retroarch

Associated Platforms = NeoGeo

Default Command-Line Parameters = -L "cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll"

Here are my other options (yes I have Extract Rom archives before running checked)

image.thumb.png.642ad35291368b3072367e777cc8831e.pngI have the NEOGEO.ZIP BIOS file in the Retroarch/roms directory.

The core information tab for the fbalpha core in Retroarch said to put it there.

Would you recommend it go elsewhere? Although Retroarch works fine.

Could this be a Launchbox bug?

My 8 hours of troubleshooting this specific issue with no success is leading me to believe that.

• 1 month later...

Same problem here. Nothing works. 

If I load a game directly from retroarch, it works just fine. But, in LB, nothing happens... neogeo.zip is in roms folder. I tried copying AND not copyng the roms. Same result...

Other platforms work fine already.

The MVS line also has slanted speech marks. Seriously, I've zoomed into the pic and they are clearly not standard speech marks on the end of the neo geo platforms, they are slightly slanted, try and replace the end speech mark with one copied from another line and see if that works.