LaunchBox Community Forums

ePSXe aspect ratio

Lukeyboy67

Hi guys, I've read various posts relating to this but I still can't suss it out. I just wanna run games in 4:3 format. I've changed the options so many times I've lost count! It's either still stretched, a big border all way around the screen or the picture is off up in the top right.

My display is 4k (probs that's the problem) my desktop is 3840X2160. Somebody please tell me what numbers I put in those damn boxes!

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Yeah I just set the desktop resolution to match my actual desktop resolution, on my HTPC it's set to to 1920x1080. Yours should be set to match yours.

I know I have encountered your problem before but I can't remember what exactly caused it, I wonder if maybe you got some sort of scaling set in your Windows Display settings since you are on a 4K display and that may be causing the issue. Not sure at all, just throwing something out there for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 3/16/2018 at 6:05 PM, Lordmonkus said:

I think your issue may be a DPI scaling issue, a quick Google search found this thread here 

I know this is an old thread, but I was able to fix this same issue by changing a DPI scaling setting.  

I'm running Windows 10, first of all.  My fix was to right click on "epsxe.exe," click "Properties," select the "Compatibility" tab, click "Change High DPI Settings," and finally check the box next to "Override High DPI Scaling Behavior" with "Application" selected in the dropdown menu.

For me, this fixed the issue with the image being zoomed in and cropped, as LordMonkus suggested.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info!  This is a bit off topic, I apologize in advance.  But, will Duckstation allow for an up-res in visuals like epsxe?  Also, is there a good thread for the best Retroarch PS1 core troubleshooting?  Thanks again!

23 minutes ago, bujinkanrn said:

will Duckstation allow for an up-res in visuals like epsxe?

It already does.

23 minutes ago, bujinkanrn said:

Also, is there a good thread for the best Retroarch PS1 core troubleshooting?

Troubleshooting what exactly ? If a game isn't working it's either your disk image is shit or your bios is shit or missing.

1 hour ago, Lordmonkus said:

It already does.

Troubleshooting what exactly ? If a game isn't working it's either your disk image is shit or your bios is shit or missing.

For some reason, Retroarch just crashes when I try to load Beetle (HW/SW) and then a .cue or .bin.  Both my game rips and bios dumps are confirmed working in other emus, and I've placed bios files in the Retroarch "system" folder & pointed the directory setting there.  Running v1.3.6.  Puzzling, for sure.

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Thats a ancient version of Retroarch.

Why would not change your negative thinking and just reply that's an older version of Retroarch .We or I recommend updating  to the latest's version . If that does not solve your problem reach back to me and ill be glad to solve your issue..