LaunchBox Community Forums

Official Vertical Theme?

Is there any chance of getting an official vertical theme for BigBox in the same style as the Default Theme?

I see there is a partially complete custom theme from 2016 in the download section, but based on the comments, it sounds like some things cannot be customized, making the vertical theme difficult to design.

I love LaunchBox but the lack of a default vertical theme is making it impossible for me to ditch other front-ends.

Thanks!  Again, I love LaunchBox. Many thanks to the devs. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

4:3 theme that should work on a CRT.

even in vertical mode on a CRT? Problem is i can't even select a theme after i downloaded the theme and unziped it in the ..\theme\ folder. They don't show up in the Big Box theme selection menu.

6 minutes ago, OlDirty said:

even in vertical mode on a CRT?

No idea, but now you're into really oddball case territory. You may have to learn to edit a theme to your liking or sucker some overly kind soul into making one for you. I don't think many (any) of the theme makers have a vertical CRT to test their themes on.

I can vouch for the custom vertical default theme! Using it for my virtual pin cab. Its basic but it works pretty well. Just a few text/font size issues from what i can see. I don't run a very beefy PC inside this cab so it is a little slow sometimes at the smallest of tasks but all in all this theme is working great for my needs :)

Only using one platform but I have the game names set to show clear logos, with a small video clip of each table and the theme works great tbh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/25/2018 at 3:53 PM, Lordmonkus said:

You may have to learn to edit a theme to your liking or sucker some overly kind soul into making one for you.

Are there docs or a tutorial on making/editing themes?   (I'm sure there are, but looking for a place to start)

Thanks.

About once a year I beg for an Vertical version of the official default BigBox theme... I would probably personally fund its development and purchase another LaunchBox license for it, at this point.  ?

I am always pointed back to that partially complete custom theme from 2016, which is mostly usable but still has issues.