LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox window randomly shrinks????

FistyDollars

So this has been an ongoing issue for me for a while, and I thought I'd post here and see if anyone could help:

Occasionally (and it only happens like 1 in 20 times or so) I'll start LaunchBox and the window, instead of being the size I left it at, will be shrunk to around 640x480 or so in the upper left corner of my screen. In addition, the button bar will be disabled for some reason. I've NEVER shrunk it to this size, and I have no idea why it does this. I then have to resize my game details pane and stretch the window back to where I had it.

Am I going crazy? Is it gremlins? Can someone help?

edit: @Jason Carr @Jason Carr @Jason Carr can I Beetlejuice you into replying? :-D

Edited by FistyDollars

I assume this is with the original LaunchBox and not LaunchBox.Next? When I've seen this happen in the past it's been because of an emulator changing resolution, which causes the window to resize. I'm not sure if LaunchBox.Next is affected by the same issue, but at this point we're going to put off any issues like that until we've fully converted over. :)

• Thanks 1

that makes sense about resolution change, but when i've seen it, it's like dos describes. none of my emulators shrink any windows i have on screen (browser, file explorer, etc). but it's super rare that i see this and not a big deal at all, just a little voodoo in there. i haven't seen it with .next but i don't really use .next either. once controller automation and fade background gets in .next i'll be using it more.