LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 8.3 Change Log

Lordmonkus

Version 8.3 - Released June 6, 2018

- New Feature: The Launch With functions will now allow you to choose a core when launching Retroarch

- New Feature: Managing the Retroarch emulator is now much easier with drop downs for the cores and notifications for missing cores

- Improvement: Image groups have been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: The game details sidebar has been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: You can now hide the sidebar in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: The View and Tools menus have been added to the top right menus in LaunchBox.Next for easier accessibility

- Improvement: Keyboard/tab navigation now works properly throughout LaunchBox.Next with proper visual cues

- Improvement: Zooming in and out has been added to LaunchBox.Next (as well as the slider in the button bar)

- Improvement: Games without images in LaunchBox.Next now display the placeholder image instead of no image at all

- Improvement: Background image fading has been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: The list view has been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: Options to disable side bar counts or not right align them have been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: LaunchBox.Next side bar drop down scroll bar styles have been themed

- Improvement: Color themes are now available in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: The sidebar right-click menu has been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: Arrange By has been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: Implemented combine and expand games in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: Drag and drop has been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: Implemented custom fonts in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: Alphanumeric navigation (press a key to jump to a game) has been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

- Improvement: Controller automation (but not yet full controller support) has been implemented in LaunchBox.Next

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like the new update. All feel really smooth. One question i have. Where can i get the background that ETA Prime use in the 8.3 update video on youtube. The one with the launchbox logo bottom right and the crumpled blue paper look.

Edited by Isoku

I just tried top update but it failed and now my LB executable will not open. I can't repair via Control Panel so if I download it again could it override my files containing all my precious goodness accumulated over many months of setup?

EDIT: should I install it somewhere new and just replace the executable or reinstall over the already existing but broken install?

Edited by Dane

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Maybe it's caching your images that's using so much CPU.

ahh, so it will probably come back down to earth once everything is cached. Thanks for the super fast reply!  I'll let it run for a bit later and see what happens

I'm still on version 7.14 and have been hesitant to update. One of the reasons is RetroAchievements and the star ratings. Can these be turned off in these later versions?

Also, has the issue with Additional Applications been corrected? It's where you have consolidated 2 or more ROMS and then change the default emulator for the main ROM but the others still use the old emulator.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

If you don't set up Retroachievements in LB you don't even know they exist so its not something you have to shutoff you just don't bother to turn them on to begin with. Not sure on the star ratings as they are something I really pay no attention to but if they are there they aren't used in a way that is intrusive.

• Thanks 1