LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox with Arcade64 0.185

RetroExecutioner

Hello, Retro Gamers!

1. I'm using LaunchBox with Arcade64 0.185 and with 0.185 roms, have the complete roms and i would like to know how can have in LaunchBox on the left side the CPS1,2,3 and others?

2. I saw that i have only Street Of Rage 2 game/rom that work, i have also Streets Of Rage 1 but is not working, telling me something about machine, it goes in the game but the keys doesn't work at all.

3. To have also video previews for each game and diffrent layout i need LaunchBox Premium?

Hope that somebody with experience can help me with right answers.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by ExclusiveBox

7 hours ago, ExclusiveBox said:

1. I'm using LaunchBox with Arcade64 0.185 and with 0.185 roms, have the complete roms and i would like to know how can have in LaunchBox on the left side the CPS1,2,3 and others?

The left side stuff is either a platform or playlist. You can have LB generate the playlists for your and those that you mention will be generated along with others (I personally don't recommend this) or you can manually make playslists yourself which takes more time but is better. The auto generated playlists can cause performance issues if you are missing games that the playlists are looking for.

If you have those sets (CPS1,2 and 3) broken out into their own rom sets you can import to their own platform and then set your emulators Associated Paths to use those platforms.

2. I saw that i have only Street Of Rage 2 game/rom that work, i have also Streets Of Rage 1 but is not working, telling me something about machine, it goes in the game but the keys doesn't work at all.

Is this in Mame or a Sega Genesis / Mega Drive emulator ?

3. To have also video previews for each game and diffrent layout i need LaunchBox Premium?

I believe videos are a premium feature, it's been so long I can never remember which things are premium only now.

The idea behind the Arcade only builds is that they *only* support Arcade games. They're not meant to play console systems or software list supported machines.

MAME has console drivers if you wish to use them. I recommend getting the official release build at mamedev.org

3 minutes ago, Replay said:

The idea behind the Arcade only builds is that they *only* support Arcade games. They're not meant to play console systems or software list supported machines.

This is why I asked if they are actual console roms or Megaplay roms. Sega has some arcade versions of certain console games, kind of like Nintendos Playchoice 10 stuff.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:16 AM, Lordmonkus said:

You probably have to set your controls for that machince. Are the actual Genesis / Mega Drive roms or arcade Megaplay roms ?

What kind of controls? don't understand why Streets Of Rage 2 works with no problems and the 1st no, and yeah Arcade64 is a derivative of MAMEUIFX 

24 minutes ago, ExclusiveBox said:

What kind of controls? don't understand why Streets Of Rage 2 works with no problems and the 1st no, and yeah Arcade64 is a derivative of MAMEUIFX 

So the game does not even open at all or it does and you just can start playing? What is the name of the rom? I just tested SOR1 (Megaplay version) from a 0.196 set and it works. Those Megaplay you might need to set some of the controls for them as the options to start/add coins for the controls are a bit different from the core controls you may have set. I had to set those up but the fight/move controls where fine. 

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@ExclusiveBox Yeah that rom is not emulated accurately. It will still play though. When you get to that second image just hit your controller buttons and it will go past that.

It goes to the game, but nothing works, like put coins, start, select...nothing...i already set-up the controls in MAME settings so for other games is working properly, but this no...

Edited by ExclusiveBox

1 minute ago, ExclusiveBox said:

It goes to the games, but nothing works, like put coins, start, select...nothing...i already set-up the controls in MAME settings so for other games is working properly, but this no...

When you launch that game hit tab and go to "controls for this machine" and set the start/coins there. I had to do that for this game to get it to work. Keep in mind Mame tells you emulation is not complete on this game so it will likely either crash, get glitchy, or something weird. It is not a fully working rom. 

6 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

When you launch that game hit tab and go to "controls for this machine" and set the start/coins there. I had to do that for this game to get it to work. Keep in mind Mame tells you emulation is not complete on this game so it will likely either crash, get glitchy, or something weird. It is not a fully working rom. 

Yeah, thanks, now it works with "controls for this machine" but unfortunately after 1 min of playing it restarts itself. Other solutions?

8 minutes ago, ExclusiveBox said:

Yeah, thanks, now it works with "controls for this machine" but unfortunately after 1 min of playing it restarts itself. Other solutions?

No. That's likely the issue with the emulation of that rom. Which is why mame warns it is not a working rom.