LaunchBox Community Forums

i cant launch mednafen psx hw libretro via LaunchBox

InsideSmoke

Remove the bin files from the import with the remove button.

Also when you import only pick the cue files, Use  your file manager go to the folder where you keep all your PS1 games. In the search box type in *.cue, it will show you all the cue files you have in that folder and any sub folders, highlight them all and drag them into LB to start the importer and only the cue files will import.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Remove the bin files from the import with the remove button.

Also when you import only pick the cue files, Use  your file manager go to the folder where you keep all your PS1 games. In the search box type in *.cue, it will show you all the cue files you have in that folder and any sub folders, highlight them all and drag them into LB to start the importer and only the cue files will import.

No success. I have to get some sleep now i can think straight. thanks for all your patience and assistance. ill have another try tomorrow and let you know how i get on

11 hours ago, DOS76 said:

so do the games work directly through RA without LB

Yes the Playstation games work from within RA with the Mednafen beetle HW core. the problem is just launching them from Launchbox. also i can launch RA for other platforms with LB.

As has been said, you're importing the wrong files. You need the .cues not the .bins. Changing the extension isn't going to work because that's still not going to be the right filename based on your screenshot - that would mean it'd still have "(track 1)" in the filename which is wrong.

1) Remove the games from you LB library

2) Go into the folder where the games are located and use windows search for ext:cue and then drag those files directly into the LB UI and use the import wizard

OR

2) Use the import wizard as normal and then on the final screen where you're confirming what to import, click the top of the filetype column to sort them and then select everything that isn't a .cue and press the delete key on your keyboard

Import the right files and it will work.

21 hours ago, Zombeaver said:

As has been said, you're importing the wrong files. You need the .cues not the .bins. Changing the extension isn't going to work because that's still not going to be the right filename based on your screenshot - that would mean it'd still have "(track 1)" in the filename which is wrong.

1) Remove the games from you LB library

2) Go into the folder where the games are located and use windows search for ext:cue and then drag those files directly into the LB UI and use the import wizard

OR

2) Use the import wizard as normal and then on the final screen where you're confirming what to import, click the top of the filetype column to sort them and then select everything that isn't a .cue and press the delete key on your keyboard

Import the right files and it will work.

i did exactly what you said yesterday, only importing .cue files and nothing else. still isn't working

Solved. 

I had to make a new retroarch entry in associated platforms identical to the default with platform, core, and default emulator. then delete the original entry. it seems like some sort of bug because all the information i entered to point it to the core is exactly the same as launchbox was trying to use before.

hopefully if someone else has similar problem with the mednafen psx core or any other they could try this.

not sure why it worked but it did.

solved.png