LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 8.8 Change Log

Lordmonkus

Version 8.8 - Released October 5, 2018

- Improvement: All playlist features are now available for free users instead of only for premium users

- New Feature: Platform Categories, Platforms, and Playlists now have fully flexible nesting and can be nested multiple-levels deep in the Platform Categories views.

- Improvement: Minor Big Box performance improvements

- Fixed: Big Box was taking too long to fully exit (process was staying in task manager) when the Allow Sleep option was checked

- Fixed: A particularly nasty Microsoft Windows Explorer bug in the Windows 10 October 2018 update was causing errors and crashes when clicking the Add Files button in the Import Games from Files wizard. Hopefully Microsoft fixes this bug soon, but in the mean time we've worked around it by hiding the title label of the wizard when clicking that button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great news, but I'm having one issue.

" All playlist features are now available for free users instead of only for premium users " Doesn't appear to be true. Whenever I try to create a playlist, is still says its only available for premium users. I love Launchbox and it has more than enough features for free users, so I certainly don't mind playlists and other features being behind the paywall. But I was excited when I saw the change log saying playlists were being added for us broke-ass users. Maybe the "playlist features" is referring to something other than adding playlists? In any case, I have attached a Gif of me trying and failing to add a game to a playlist. Sorry for the small image, was trying to reduce the file size, but as you are familiar with Launchbox, it should suffice. It is the same dialog box that was in the last version.

Regardless, with or without playlists, I'd like to take this time in my first post to thank the developers for a great application!

Launchbox Playlist issue.gif

7 minutes ago, IanD said:

Great news, but I'm having one issue.

" All playlist features are now available for free users instead of only for premium users " Doesn't appear to be true. Whenever I try to create a playlist, is still says its only available for premium users. I love Launchbox and it has more than enough features for free users, so I certainly don't mind playlists and other features being behind the paywall. But I was excited when I saw the change log saying playlists were being added for us broke-ass users. Maybe the "playlist features" is referring to something other than adding playlists? In any case, I have attached a Gif of me trying and failing to add a game to a playlist. Sorry for the small image, was trying to reduce the file size, but as you are familiar with Launchbox, it should suffice. It is the same dialog box that was in the last version.

Regardless, with or without playlists, I'd like to take this time in my first post to thank the developers for a great application!

Launchbox Playlist issue.gif

Whoops! Thanks for the note. I will get that fixed. :)

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

@IanD For now you should be able to create a new playlist by right-clicking on the sidebar items. I think the only piece that still has that restriction in it is the Add to Playlist option when right-clicking on games. I will get that fixed though for the next release.

Awesome Thanks @Jason Carr! but how do I force an update? Or will I have to reinstall? (Don't want to do that because I have a lot of games in different folders and that would mean a lot of work adding them back)

EDIT: oh, nevermind. I misunderstood at first, I get it now. Thanks!

Edited by IanD
I'm dumb.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, haleksander said:

I've tried searching for this, and it has probably been answered somewhere else, but i'm having problems getting the Arcade playlists to show in Bigbox AFTER clicking "Arcade". Might parent/child-playlist be a Bigbox theme-dependant thing?

It shouldn't be. If you'd be willing, please create a separate topic for it with more details and we can help you troubleshoot. You can mention me to make sure that I see it @Jason Carr.

• Like 1