LaunchBox Community Forums

Marvel Comics A-Z in LaunchBox

DOS76

On 10/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, Retro808 said:

Download the version for your pc specs. You are either on a 32bit or 64bit operating system. If you do not know which one you are on Google can tell you how find out. Most of these simple questions you ask can be found in a few minutes using a search engine.

No not that . It says that i can download 32 and 64 bit versions of course but it also says that i can download a portable version. But it says the portable version is depricated so i don't know what to do

7 minutes ago, A Retro guy said:

No not that . It says that i can download 32 and 64 bit versions of course but it also says that i can download a portable version. But it says the portable version is depricated so i don't know what to do

If the portable is deprecated than obviously you do not download it. Then you are left with only the 2 options I mentioned.  Download 32bit if you are on a 32bit OS or download 64bit if you are on 64bit OS. Again, if you do not know which one you are on ask Google and it will show you how. This is exactly what I explained in my last post.

okay there are groups of people that put out digital comics every week. This has been going on for decades at this point. The file type you are looking for are either .cbr or .cbz. Google GetComics (if it says there is a threat on the site its not true just waiting for Google to clear it).

5 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

okay there are groups of people that put out digital comics every week. This has been going on for decades at this point. The file type you are looking for are either .cbr or .cbz. Google GetComics (if it says there is a threat on the site its not true just waiting for Google to clear it).

Ok. Also how do i get comic book ulitilty to work in launchbox so that my comic books will scrape properly.

Just now, A Retro guy said:

Are any of u answer this qustion pls?

You dont, launchbox will not scrape comic books, it will all be manual work you have to do, using that utility to create front cover images, which would essentially be used as "box-fronts" when placed in the correct folder.