LaunchBox Community Forums

MFME in LaunchBox

Haggie55

7 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

Hi Guys thanks for all the files in here so far its great to have Fruit machines integrated into LB.

I have a little problem.   I have been using @fruity script to exit the emulator with escape key and its works great but i didn't like seeing launchbox in the background.   What i've done is set MFME to "full screen max" which looks a million times better but then the script only backs out of full screen with escape leaving MFME still running.

Any ideas on what i can do to modify the script to exit both?

Thanks

In MFME itself go to File -> Preferences and make sure "Exit on ESC" is ticked.

That might sort it?

1 hour ago, PaulyC said:

:)

I got another question while i'm at it lol

Can we brighten LEDs where you see your winnings and such?  Some are really dim and so are hard to make out when you get bonuses ect 

Yep, it can be done. You need to edit the layout. I'm not 100% with it but I have muddled through it in the past by brightening the 'glow' behind the reels.

I can't remember how it's done at the moment but if you have a play around with right-clicking and editing the reels when you are in edit mode then I'm sure you'll stumble on something that works. Alternatively someone else might chime in with more info. :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Haggie55When I try to add slots via folder option I get a lot of other files on my startup screen of LB. What am I doing wrong?

Even when I select the .gam files, eventually LB will add a lot of extra crap to the startup screen.

Also, is there a way to fast add screenshot of the slot to the startscreen of LB?

2021-02-27 (4).png

2021-02-27 (3).png

Edited by raza55

8 hours ago, raza55 said:

@Haggie55When I try to add slots via folder option I get a lot of other files on my startup screen of LB. What am I doing wrong?

Even when I select the .gam files, eventually LB will add a lot of extra crap to the startup screen.

Also, is there a way to fast add screenshot of the slot to the startscreen of LB?

2021-02-27 (4).png

2021-02-27 (3).png

You only need the .gam file from each rom.

Yep, as Mike said... just Add ROMS but then navigate to the folder with all your Fruit Machines in it and use the Windows "search" function at the top right of Explorer and type *.gam to list just the Game files. 

Make sure you DON'T try and search any databases for information about the games (they won't match up with the database and you'll get a load of crap). And at the end tick the "Use the Folder Name" selection (assuming you've named your folders properly) then you should be good to go :)

56 minutes ago, Johnny T said:

Yep, as Mike said... just Add ROMS but then navigate to the folder with all your Fruit Machines in it and use the Windows "search" function at the top right of Explorer and type *.gam to list just the Game files. 

Make sure you DON'T try and search any databases for information about the games (they won't match up with the database and you'll get a load of crap). And at the end tick the "Use the Folder Name" selection (assuming you've named your folders properly) then you should be good to go :)

That *.gam was a good trick, someone should put it in the tutorial. Nevertheless every extension was visible but the .gam extension. But I made that one visible too.

After that everything added just fine. Only another problem I ran into is adding a  picture to the slot. 

As you see in this picture I added it but nothing comes up on the homescreen of LB.

I tried png and jpg.

image.thumb.png.6419a0499543eac75cffc20d519f0683.png

1 hour ago, raza55 said:

That *.gam was a good trick, someone should put it in the tutorial.

It is in the tutorial near the end, blink and you might miss it though :)

gam.thumb.jpg.a243bf33802e81f93fd0f7268217e1ef.jpg

1 hour ago, raza55 said:

As you see in this picture I added it but nothing comes up on the homescreen of LB.

i use jpg's for mine and they show. Have you got your Image Group set to boxes?

21 minutes ago, IainSA said:

It is in the tutorial near the end, blink and you might miss it though :)

gam.thumb.jpg.a243bf33802e81f93fd0f7268217e1ef.jpg

i use jpg's for mine and they show. Have you got your Image Group set to boxes?

Adders.thumb.jpg.d2be90fce51cd6aa55584d6ea5871eab.jpg

Like this?

It's now in the E:\LaunchBox\Images\Windows\boxes folder as Adders & Ladders.jpg (I changed the file name)

Edit: It automatically puts the file in the E:\LaunchBox\Images\Windows\Box - Front folder. Still nothing on the startscreen of LB, even after refreshing.

I do use the option to leave all the data of the slots in original folder E:\Fruits\Layouts so there's nothing in the E:\LaunchBox\Games\Windows folder. Could that be the problem?

Will be a strange thing if that is so, because LB gives you the option to keep everything in original folder.

Edited by raza55

I meant the view options in launchbox, click view at the top and set the image group to boxes

Fruits.thumb.jpg.7b428b88017d289ff0308e7c0fbefca0.jpg

37 minutes ago, raza55 said:

It automatically puts the file in the E:\LaunchBox\Images\Windows\Box - Front folder

That's fine, this is where is should be, if you've moved it out of this folder put it back, but if you've changed the name, Launchbox won't find it when you refresh the images so you may have to add it again.

Delete the boxes folder that you made as well, that's not needed.

23 minutes ago, IainSA said:

I meant the view options in launchbox, click view at the top and set the image group to boxes

Fruits.thumb.jpg.7b428b88017d289ff0308e7c0fbefca0.jpg

That's fine, this is where is should be, if you've moved it out of this folder put it back, but if you've changed the name, Launchbox won't find it when you refresh the images so you may have to add it again.

Delete the boxes folder that you made as well, that's not needed.

Yes that was the solution. Only after that, when I added more roms, this is what happens?;

1208745063_2021-02-28(5).thumb.png.b0964e11f2a5086d04ef164f5352a539.png

And when I adjust them one by one the images somehow appear very small..like the one from Jolly Joker.

623231822_2021-02-28(10).thumb.png.3ca3681e67b16ef4bd13ad417f29db50.png

Edited by raza55

The problem is the rom set, all images must be named exactly as the .gam file.

So say the folder is called Snakes & Ladders WDX.

Inside the folder, the .gam file could be called snakes&ladders1280.gam

The image must me named exactly as the image minus the .gam file.

So the image should be named 

snakes&ladders1280_01

45 minutes ago, Mikee580 said:

The problem is the rom set, all images must be named exactly as the .gam file.

So say the folder is called Snakes & Ladders WDX.

Inside the folder, the .gam file could be called snakes&ladders1280.gam

The image must me named exactly as the image minus the .gam file.

So the image should be named 

snakes&ladders1280_01

Not exactly if you look at this picture.

4reels.thumb.jpg.781ef03f8242bf08fa97dd6508cc20f5.jpg

4Reels drive-01 is not the correct name but LB uses it nevertheless.

But why would the picture be that small suddenly where it was bigger before, using the same way to capture the screen.

12 hours ago, raza55 said:

Not exactly if you look at this picture.

4reels.thumb.jpg.781ef03f8242bf08fa97dd6508cc20f5.jpg

4Reels drive-01 is not the correct name but LB uses it nevertheless.

But why would the picture be that small suddenly where it was bigger before, using the same way to capture the screen.

I've no idea!

I have noticed that in your screenshot the image appears to be landscape, edit the image and remove the excess at the sides of the machine and it should display better.

4reels.jpg.abbc4dbddeccfa88e2c7b5d486fb2383.jpg.ed29efdf07e822517b6f3d0fc65f85fa.jpg

the wider a picture is, the smaller it appears

1993305931_Wideexample.thumb.jpg.6c3b18841a1f94760d7fcc4ff99b1511.jpg

Edited by IainSA

4 hours ago, IainSA said:

I have noticed that in your screenshot the image appears to be landscape, edit the image and remove the excess at the sides of the machine and it should display better.

4reels.jpg.abbc4dbddeccfa88e2c7b5d486fb2383.jpg.ed29efdf07e822517b6f3d0fc65f85fa.jpg

the wider a picture is, the smaller it appears

1993305931_Wideexample.thumb.jpg.6c3b18841a1f94760d7fcc4ff99b1511.jpg

Yes I managed to do that too but no idea why it's in landscape suddenly. Mb it's because when I open the slot it automatically covers  the whole screen. Those sidebars also appears because of that. Is there a way so this doen't happen? So that it just opens in originally design state.