LaunchBox Community Forums

MFME in LaunchBox

Haggie55

I know MFME is a download from https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3062-mfme-v19-release/ but it seems you need to be a member, and then post 30 times before you get anywhere near the Emulator.  Is this not available to download anywhere else ?  I've never seen an Emulator behind a forum wall before, and I've just been reading this thread about MFME and it sounds interesting or worth a little look to see how they play.    However, posting 30 times on a forum just to try it...... thats a big ask.  I've been using Launchbox since day one and only posted here about 5 times.

Edit/ 4 times just noticed that its under my profile (I am old be nice).

Edited by spacemonkey

8 hours ago, spacemonkey said:

I know MFME is a download from https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3062-mfme-v19-release/ but it seems you need to be a member, and then post 30 times before you get anywhere near the Emulator.  Is this not available to download anywhere else ?  I've never seen an Emulator behind a forum wall before, and I've just been reading this thread about MFME and it sounds interesting or worth a little look to see how they play.    However, posting 30 times on a forum just to try it...... thats a big ask.  I've been using Launchbox since day one and only posted here about 5 times.

Edit/ 4 times just noticed that its under my profile (I am old be nice).

https://www.fruit-emu.com/forums/index.php/files/category/47-mfme-5-above/

another alternative is pleasure dome torrent site, they have full packs of machines by date, i cant imagine you would need any help running them as they are pretty straight forward, the pack i created of around 400 machines all with the same background can be run through rocketlauncher script created by brolly and/or djvj  sorry i cant remember whi created it its been that long, i can upload my stuff somewhere if you want it, the emulators may show as a virus but its only a false posative due to me editing the exe files to remove the menus

• Thanks 1

I've been a bit busy with work for the past few days and currently waiting for approval to sign into their forum.    From what I can tell, its somewhat like MAME,  in that MFME is able to emulate the ROMS from real digital machines,  and then people much smarter than me create the artwork that gives the impression its a real machine (like MAME bezels, Marquees etc).     I'm not even a Fruit machine playing person, it just sounds interesting from a technical perspective.   I saw a Deal or No Deal game and do remember seeing those in the pub a few years back.    I'm a little confused by the DX stuff, these appear to be the same but with much better artwork ? What I saw over there suggested some require a fee to access (but not sure, there is a lot to read and understand), their version numbering system is as mad as a box of frogs that's for sure.   Always good to discover new stuff... ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spacemonkey said:

I've been a bit busy with work for the past few days and currently waiting for approval to sign into their forum.    From what I can tell, its somewhat like MAME,  in that MFME is able to emulate the ROMS from real digital machines,  and then people much smarter than me create the artwork that gives the impression its a real machine (like MAME bezels, Marquees etc).     I'm not even a Fruit machine playing person, it just sounds interesting from a technical perspective.   I saw a Deal or No Deal game and do remember seeing those in the pub a few years back.    I'm a little confused by the DX stuff, these appear to be the same but with much better artwork ? What I saw over there suggested some require a fee to access (but not sure, there is a lot to read and understand), their version numbering system is as mad as a box of frogs that's for sure.   Always good to discover new stuff... ?

Yep, that's exactly what it is. It plays the "roms" of the original machines and then the DX versions are the ones with the really nice graphics. There's also "classic" ones that are just the bare bones (i.e. no artwork at all).

I love fruit machines so built a cabinet with a working coin mech and coin hoppers that runs MFME. I wrote a bit of software that ties in with whatever machine you're playing and accepts coins and pays out correctly if you win.

It runs Big Box as a front end. Still got a lot of software work to do on it but it's currently running around 50 machines I think and it works a treat.

?

• Game On 1

8 hours ago, Johnny T said:

Yep, that's exactly what it is. It plays the "roms" of the original machines and then the DX versions are the ones with the really nice graphics. There's also "classic" ones that are just the bare bones (i.e. no artwork at all).

I love fruit machines so built a cabinet with a working coin mech and coin hoppers that runs MFME. I wrote a bit of software that ties in with whatever machine you're playing and accepts coins and pays out correctly if you win.

It runs Big Box as a front end. Still got a lot of software work to do on it but it's currently running around 50 machines I think and it works a treat.

?

Nice, I never even considered that a home made Fruit machine was or could be a thing.  That's pretty amazing.   10/10 for effort

16 hours ago, spacemonkey said:

Nice, I never even considered that a home made Fruit machine was or could be a thing.  That's pretty amazing.   10/10 for effort

Yep, I'm really pleased with it. My winter project is going to be learning the Big Box theme creator and having a go at making a proper dedicated theme for it.

I recorded a video of it for a mate the other day so I've uploaded it to YouTube to show you in case you were interested:

The cabinet is that 'red' colour as it matches some of the other stuff in the summerhouse (read: pub) that I built in the garden ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...