LaunchBox Community Forums

MFME in LaunchBox

Haggie55

Hey all

Here's a yearly update of slots - it includes brand new slots and improved versions of previously emulated slots

Hopefully some of you will find this useful

Slots https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mpl9eRJD-65FiapWshOLh-uFa5VEKUR0?usp=sharing

Images https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Xw04DajuVNxtA4M86qC1x9wMkJ34D_rf?usp=sharing

Here's some of the new slots you can lose virtual money on :)

508473048_FullThrottle-02.thumb.PNG.0153b05f718a16423c44b1cf9137b8a5.PNG2139642358_ThePayMaker-01.thumb.PNG.ee76f6845e7c849fc6029be6e98193be.PNG192552639_CashandMouse-01.thumb.PNG.0d55dd7c73c6afa694281249490fb50f.PNG1277969984_TheVampirePayer-01.thumb.PNG.c92fac77917f61151b3042ec63790ce3.PNGCashraker-01.thumb.PNG.a7b34cf0df16d3f22693e996833d88f8.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Game On 1

On 1/23/2021 at 8:01 AM, Wally said:

Is there a tutorial how the Slot games are played.

It may seem silly, but I never understood the concept :(

They all work slightly differently with different features etc. But the core dynamics are to win money by either spinning the reels until you get three of the same icon OR getting on the "feature board" and taking a feature.

Different machines have different features etc but a common way to advance on the feature board is by correctly guessing whether a number will spin higher or lower than it's currently on. 

Worth noting at ALL fruit machines are rigged in favour of the machine so, if you play for long enough, you will always lose your money. 

This software emulates the various machines so allows you to play without cost. ?

1 hour ago, Johnny T said:

Worth noting at ALL fruit machines are rigged in favour of the machine so, if you play for long enough, you will always lose your money. 

Sort of true but not exactly. Obviously they are designed to make money, thats a no brainer, but they by law have to pay out a certain percentage of money taken. This can usually be adjusted by the machine owner, but can only be adjusted within a built in range, a owner couldnt make it 1% payout for example, as that would be against gambling laws, sort of why there is such a big discussion about thigs like FIFA packs that offer random odds of less than 1% and are purchased with real money.

14 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Sort of true but not exactly. Obviously they are designed to make money, thats a no brainer, but they by law have to pay out a certain percentage of money taken. This can usually be adjusted by the machine owner, but can only be adjusted within a built in range, a owner couldnt make it 1% payout for example, as that would be against gambling laws, sort of why there is such a big discussion about thigs like FIFA packs that offer random odds of less than 1% and are purchased with real money.

Yep, good point. Although my original statement is still true - "if you play for long enough, you will always lose your money". Stands to reason... if the machine pays out 90% then you are going to be getting less and less returns each time. Unless it's MFME, and then money is just a keyboard click away! :):)

• Like 1

Thanks - this is great work, With it I'm now well on my way with making an up to date MFME LB Build with Manufacturer, tech & other sorted playlists, videos snaps, screenshots and flyers included.

I'll also be modding the layouts further, in particular I need to change back the Yellow alpha's  - IMO they look out of place (sorry!),

If you are downloading the layouts above, on Google Drive, in selecting all the files and downloading them, it is then re-compressed by Google Drive into multiple zip files, and (for me at least) appears when extracted to have truncated the symbols used in the filenames, so in turn will break some of the layouts in mfme that have speech marks e.g. ' " , & to _ instead. You can scan for broken games in MFME game manager, and then open each .gam file and rename/point to the correct file.

Also, run a find and replace in the directories for *.bak - you will get back about 6-7GB of space (.bak's are created when you re-save layouts if you are modding them them, so therefore are not needed).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fruity said:

Thanks - this is great work, With it I'm now well on my way with making an up to date MFME LB Build with Manufacturer, tech & other sorted playlists, videos snaps, screenshots and flyers included.

I'll also be modding the layouts further, in particular I need to change back the Yellow alpha's  - IMO they look out of place (sorry!),

If you are downloading the layouts above, on Google Drive, in selecting all the files and downloading them, it is then re-compressed by Google Drive into multiple zip files, and (for me at least) appears when extracted to have truncated the symbols used in the filenames, so in turn will break some of the layouts in mfme that have speech marks e.g. ' " , & to _ instead. You can scan for broken games in MFME game manager, and then open each .gam file and rename/point to the correct file.

Also, run a find and replace in the directories for *.bak - you will get back about 6-7GB of space (.bak's are created when you re-save layouts if you are modding them them, so therefore are not needed).

Fruity, thanks for the great tips!

I love MFME and playing the old fruities. A few years ago I built a 'working' fruit machine (basically the same way you'd build an arcade cab but with working pay-in and pay-out). For it to work correctly I need to get extract the payout value out of the MFME software which I've not had a go at with the latest v20 (I'm still running v19).

I'm planning on setting some time aside in the next month or so in order to learn the Big Box Theme Designer and to make a bespoke theme for my fruit machine and then go through this great collection that @Haggie55 kindly shared and trying to get it all working. 

If I get anywhere with the 'theme' side of things I'll happily share everything I end up with on this site.

It's great that we have a buzzing MFME thread now with a few like-minded folk in here. I'm loving all these builds on getting the 'perfect' MFME set up :)

35 minutes ago, Johnny T said:

Fruity, thanks for the great tips!

I love MFME and playing the old fruities. A few years ago I built a 'working' fruit machine (basically the same way you'd build an arcade cab but with working pay-in and pay-out). For it to work correctly I need to get extract the payout value out of the MFME software which I've not had a go at with the latest v20 (I'm still running v19).

I'm planning on setting some time aside in the next month or so in order to learn the Big Box Theme Designer and to make a bespoke theme for my fruit machine and then go through this great collection that @Haggie55 kindly shared and trying to get it all working. 

If I get anywhere with the 'theme' side of things I'll happily share everything I end up with on this site.

It's great that we have a buzzing MFME thread now with a few like-minded folk in here. I'm loving all these builds on getting the 'perfect' MFME set up :)

Have you got a copy of MFME 20? PM me if you do please.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:48 PM, fruity said:

I'm just adding the new games that seem to be in WIP format, they don't show in MFME emulator unless you select WIP option but that then doesn't show the normal files.

How do I go about showing the WIP files in the game manager without having to change the emulator please?

On 1/25/2021 at 9:48 PM, fruity said:

If you get to a 'good place' with this, I don't suppose you would consider posting your media files on the site?

I'm going to start trying to learn the Theme Creator soon and would like to do a full re-build of the software for my fruit machine cab with a new theme and the MFME v20.1

It would save me a massive amount of work if you posted your media that you'd collected.

I completely understand if you didn't want to though - after diligently collecting / cropping / creating marquee images and the like for my arcade cabinet - I do understand the work that goes in to it so it's fine if you'd rather not just give it all away.

Edited by Johnny T

On 1/28/2021 at 8:13 AM, Johnny T said:

If you get to a 'good place' with this, I don't suppose you would consider posting your media files on the site?

I'm going to start trying to learn the Theme Creator soon and would like to do a full re-build of the software for my fruit machine cab with a new theme and the MFME v20.1

It would save me a massive amount of work if you posted your media that you'd collected.

I completely understand if you didn't want to though - after diligently collecting / cropping / creating marquee images and the like for my arcade cabinet - I do understand the work that goes in to it so it's fine if you'd rather not just give it all away.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone needs it but I went through the MFME v20.1 software last night and found the address in the code that holds the "payout" amount. I use this to control the hoppers on my cabinet:

Fruit machine loads -> Read address

Monitor address -> if it increases send that amount to the hoppers to payout

Fruit machine is quit -> Reset variable and wait for next fruit machine to load

The address needed for MFME v20.1 is 00B93518 in case anyone needs it.

Sure, happy to post here, if you need sooner, PM  me and I'll set up a onedrive share (the basic categories and playlists are more or less complete now) and you can keep up with the WIP (maybe even collab if you like! :) )

Edited by fruity
  • Thanks 1

Here is a quality of life AHK Script I made for MFME.

It does two things:

1) Auto-closes the mandatory Layout Notes/pop up's/Nags on launch (will scan every 2 seconds for them whilst MFME is running - this maybe not the most efficient method but it works for me!) 

2) Pressing Escape will force close MFME.

Just copy and paste the code below into the Running AutoHotKey Script Option under your MFME entry in Emulators:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2 
WindowClass = TLayoutNotes
MFMEWindow = MFME.exe 

TimerCloseWindow:
 IfWinExist, ahk_class %windowclass%
  { WinClose, ahk_class %windowclass%
  }
  SetTimer, TimerCloseWindow, -2000
 return

#IfWinActive
Esc::
WinCLose, ahk_exe %MFMEWindow%
Return

ahk.png

Edited by fruity
  • Thanks 5

13 hours ago, fruity said:

Here is a quality of life AHK Script I made for MFME.

It does two things:

1) Auto-closes the mandatory Layout Notes/pop up's/Nags on launch (will scan every 2 seconds for them whilst MFME is running - this maybe not the most efficient method but it works for me!) 

2) Pressing Escape will force close MFME.

Just copy and paste the code below into the Running AutoHotKey Script Option under your MFME entry in Emulators:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2 
WindowClass = TLayoutNotes
MFMEWindow = MFME.exe 

TimerCloseWindow:
 IfWinExist, ahk_class %windowclass%
  { WinClose, ahk_class %windowclass%
  }
  SetTimer, TimerCloseWindow, -2000
 return

#IfWinActive
Esc::
WinCLose, ahk_exe %MFMEWindow%
Return

ahk.png

That's a really neat solution. I was just looking in to writing something in C++ as part of my payout script in order to shut the windows but that's a really effective solution.

Yep, I would be happy to collab on stuff with you. I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks to have a bit of time to spend on it and crack on learning Theme Creator to see what it can do.

I'll drop you a PM.

Cheers ?

• Like 1

Small addition for you guys, not much but it fills a hole for the time being, i also made up some 3D boxes using the Flyers, I may post them at at a later date.

Also as a suggestion @Haggie55 delete the fml.bak files that will shrink the overall download by around 6-7gig as they are not needed. But i do appreciate the upload none the less.

• Thanks 3

Hi Guys thanks for all the files in here so far its great to have Fruit machines integrated into LB.

I have a little problem.   I have been using @fruity script to exit the emulator with escape key and its works great but i didn't like seeing launchbox in the background.   What i've done is set MFME to "full screen max" which looks a million times better but then the script only backs out of full screen with escape leaving MFME still running.

Any ideas on what i can do to modify the script to exit both?

Thanks

Edited by PaulyC