LaunchBox Community Forums

NAOMI & NAOMI 2: DEMUL and RetroArch troubleshooting

larsherbaut

Hi!

I stumbled upon a problem with the NAOMI and NAOMI 2 system. I tried different emulators and each one has his own problems. Can't figure it out. If hope to get one of these emulators to work.

First Emulator: DEMUL v0.7 alpha

I can get DEMUL to launch through Launchbox but it give me the error:"Unable to find 'epr-21576d.ic27' in romset naomi". But that file is located in the directory that I assigned to the games and roms.
    The type of game rom files are *.zip and contains type *.ic* files. Maybe I'm using incompatibele rom files? In the settings menu I tried already the 3 different rom options (gdrimage, gdrCHD, gdrDEMUL). What's the correct one with these type of files?

Command lines (-run=naomi -rom=) are put in the right place, Correct boxes are checked.

Note: I also use DEMUL for Sammy Atomiswave and that works perfect with launchbox. Once you put in the proper command line (-run=awave -rom=) and check the right boxes.

Second Emulator: RetroArch 1.7.5 with reicast core

Starting the game in RetroArch through Launchbox works, the game starts but I get black screen. I know the game is in running the background because I hear sound when I use the controls.
    I used the epr-21576g.ic27 (2048kB) that I renamed and put in the ...\system\dc\ folder.

Help :)

Thx a bunch!

Edited by larsherbaut

That epr file I am sure you know is a bios file. Demul I believe uses the mame bios files. I know the 07 build does, not sure if the 07a does as well. If you have a full mame romset you can try and use the naomi.zip and naomi2.zip files from it. Just place the full naomi.zip and naomi2.zip files into the bios folder where you have demul pointed. Looks like maybe the bios file you have is not compatible. 

I cannot answer the question on the Riecast core as I do not use it. Never really messed with it much.

• 10 months later...