LaunchBox Community Forums
proghodet

What parts should I upgrade?

Hey! I'm getting a bit tired of never being able to run emulators at anything other than the lowest settings available. I realized this especially when I earlier today downloaded Zombeavers configs for the PCSX2 emulator - I had to take the graphics settings down by a lot in order to avoid lag. So, I would like some help pointing out the bottleneck(s), and suggestions on what I should upgrade to.

My specs are as follows:
Intel Core I5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT730

3 minutes ago, proghodet said:

Hey! I'm getting a bit tired of never being able to run emulators at anything other than the lowest settings available. I realized this especially when I earlier today downloaded Zombeavers configs for the PCSX2 emulator - I had to take the graphics settings down by a lot in order to avoid lag. So, I would like some help pointing out the bottleneck(s), and suggestions on what I should upgrade to.

My specs are as follows:
Intel Core I5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT730

for upscaling in emu's like pcsx2 its your GPU that is used, so that is your weakness with the specs you posted. That is only for the 3D based systems though, all the older systems only use the CPU and usually just the one core, so you want a high clock speed there, i see yours is at 3.0GHz that should be fine for most things but will struggle with some emus, higan and beetle saturn retroarch cores for example. i see its ai5-4590s and a GT730, is it a Laptop?

It is a desktop computer, actually :) The emus I use are as follows:
Cemu, Citra, Demul (Redream lags in full screen at lowest settings), DeSmuMe, Dolphin, ePSXe, FCEUX, Fusion, m2emulator, Mame 205, PCSX2, PPSSPP, Project64, Snes9X, Steem Engine and VisualBoyAdvance-M - no retroarch :)

Would a nvidia 1050 4gb fit the bill?

Edited by proghodet