LaunchBox Community Forums

Ao.Bigbox Customs

On 11/7/2019 at 12:47 AM, eatkinola said:

Thanks for the example. Are you using AutoscrollListBox? I agree the marquee scrolling is a bit off -- would be better to only scroll the selected item. Also, it seems to get confused by the arrow graphic and does not scroll as much as it should.

Please see the attached document for how I'm getting it to the current point. If you have any suggestion/idea thanks.

Edited by wallmachine

1 hour ago, wallmachine said:

Please see the attached document for how I'm getting it to the current point. If you have any suggestion/idea thanks.

Could you use the MultiTrigger conditions (fired when IsSelectionActive becomes True or False) to change the Scroll property of the MarqueeTextBlock to Off or LeftTypewriter? You'd have to somehow reference the MarqueeTextBlock in the DataTemplate; perhaps if you provide it an x:Name? I've never done that but worth a shot.

Suggestion for future iterations if possible to have TextTrimming on Marquee just to keep it inline with the rest of the ListBox and some reason the Marquee follows onto the next selected item, possible for it to reset and start at beginning for each selected game? I noticed on the Marquee it enlargers the text ever so slightly I assume its because its not being TextTrimmed?

Edited by wallmachine
  • Like 3

On 11/10/2019 at 8:38 AM, wallmachine said:

Sorted it out with the help of a mate.

It looks fantastic! Great job with this.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:40 AM, wallmachine said:

What is the best way to work out the following to get text aligned? or right aligned to end.

The simplest (best?) way would be to use a fixed-width font for the options views. That's what I did for FluxCRT, Refaktor, and Nostalgia.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, eatkinola said:

It looks fantastic! Great job with this.

The simplest (best?) way would be to use a fixed-width font for the options views. That's what I did for FluxCRT, Refaktor, and Nostalgia.

I avoided doing it because I couldn't get the marquee control working in the options menu an\y idea on how to do this?

13 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

aight I'll keep trying to work out the marquee in options, as placing text to the far right the longer text gets trimmed... unless you have any other ideas?

Getting the marquee to work in this scenario would be helpful. Though since it might be difficult to get a table-like layout in the options views, the best solution might include both: (1) using a fixed-width font, and (2) marquee element for the value of the option.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

When I select a game to play in BigBox using the TextListView the game title text disappears, see video.

If I remove "aoc:MarqueeTextBlock" from <aoc:AutoscrollListBox> I don't get the marquee effect and the text doesn't disappear. I noticed on previous LB versions if I disabled startup screen it would not hide the selected game however this is not the case in newer versions of LB.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 5:38 PM, wallmachine said:

When I select a game to play in BigBox using the TextListView the game title text disappears, see video.

If I remove "aoc:MarqueeTextBlock" from <aoc:AutoscrollListBox> I don't get the marquee effect and the text doesn't disappear. I noticed on previous LB versions if I disabled startup screen it would not hide the selected game however this is not the case in newer versions of LB.

Hmm ... that's a strange one. I'm now seeing the same thing when I use aoc:MarqueeTextBlock in MinimalX, so I don't think it's related to its use in AutoscrollListBox. I'll look into it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Hmm ... that's a strange one. I'm now seeing the same thing when I use aoc:MarqueeTextBlock in MinimalX, so I don't think it's related to its use in AutoscrollListBox. I'll look into it.

thanks, as you are looking into the aoc:MarqueeTextBlock would it be too far a stretch to have a look at this?

18 hours ago, wallmachine said:

thanks, as you are looking into the aoc:MarqueeTextBlock would it be too far a stretch to have a look at this?

As a workaround for the disappearing problem, try adding this property to the MarqueeTextBlock, works for me:

IgnoreAutopauseListeners="True"

I looked at the other "this" post. Would you please clarify what you mean by ellipsis (...)? Are you asking for ellipsis on the scroll text block even though it scrolls?

EDIT: You can use the IgnoreAutopauseListeners workaround for now, but I did find a fix that will be in the updated library.

Edited by eatkinola
fixed the bug

7 hours ago, eatkinola said:

As a workaround for the disappearing problem, try adding this property to the MarqueeTextBlock, works for me:

IgnoreAutopauseListeners="True"

I looked at the other "this" post. Would you please clarify what you mean by ellipsis (...)? Are you asking for ellipsis on the scroll text block even though it scrolls?

EDIT: You can use the IgnoreAutopauseListeners workaround for now, but I did find a fix that will be in the updated library.

Cheers, that property fixed it! Just wondering I updated to Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7 and if I remove that property it still goes blank, is this correct?

Yes, correct an ellipsis (...) on the selected TextBlock that uses the MarqueeTextBlock even though it scrolls, just to keep uniformity in the TextList and also to keep all the text the same size as the scrolling/Marquee text gets slightly enlarged. I assume this is because it has no ellipsis (...) I tried to set a FontSize/TargetFontSize however get the following error below.

Also I assume at the moment the Marquee cannot reset its position (with a property?) when another game is selected as at the moment when another game is selected the Marquee location continues from where the previous selection was and not at the beginning, I guess you could say have it reset itself on each selection.

image.thumb.png.190821de91b7d0771d88d81cc866e074.png

Edited by wallmachine

Cheers, that property fixed it! Just wondering I updated to Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7 and if I remove that property it still goes blank, is this correct?

With 3.9.7, you shouldn't need that Ignores... property, but if you still do let me know. 3.9.7 fixed a similar problem in MinimalX so I thought it'd also fix your theme.

Yes, correct an ellipsis (...) on the selected TextBlock that uses the MarqueeTextBlock even though it scrolls, just to keep uniformity in the TextList and also to keep all the text the same size as the scrolling/Marquee text gets slightly enlarged. I assume this is because it has no ellipsis (...) I tried to set a FontSize/TargetFontSize however get the following error below.

Thank you for clarifying. If we add an ellipsis to truncate the string, would it still need to scroll?

Also I assume at the moment the Marquee cannot reset its position (with a property?) when another game is selected as at the moment when another game is selected the Marquee location continues from where the previous selection was and not at the beginning, I guess you could say have it reset itself on each selection.

Yes, that is correct. Resetting on each selection would be a workaround. I will have to try it; my initial concern is it would slowdown the list too much but would have to try it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

With 3.9.7, you shouldn't need that Ignores... property, but if you still do let me know. 3.9.7 fixed a similar problem in MinimalX so I thought it'd also fix your theme.

In my instance on 3.9.7 I still need to use the property you suggested above. If you need the code I'm using let me know.

Thank you for clarifying. If we add an ellipsis to truncate the string, would it still need to scroll?

Yes, truncate the string and scroll feature.

Yes, that is correct. Resetting on each selection would be a workaround. I will have to try it; my initial concern is it would slowdown the list too much but would have to try it.

Sounds good, look forward to hearing if it works or not.

Edited by wallmachine
  • Game On 1

54 minutes ago, Android16 said:

is there anything new we need in order to get the new plugin working?

Using this: unblocking the dll and using xmlns:aop="clr-namespace:Ao.Bigbox.Plugins;assembly=Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7" at top results in aop:InputBlocker, aop:AutopathVideoLooper, and aoc:AutoscaleTextBlock not found in namespace errors when keeping the current code in xaml.

Do you also define aoc=".....Controls;assembly=...." at the top of the xaml? No, there should not be anything else you need to do. If you want to pm me your view/theme, I can take a look.