LaunchBox Community Forums

Add Game to Playlist from Big Box

TwistyPixels

Hi there everyone!

I've been messing with Hyperspin for a year or so and just can't get it to do what I want. I can't believe it took me so long to find Big Box, it's exactly what I want!

I'm in the middle of building a big cab at the moment and as soon as it's finished I'll go premium to run Big Box on it (anyone who's built a cab knows you need every spare dollar to get that thing finished!).

I have 6 kids so 8 of us in the house who'll be playing. While the favourites functionality is great, I plan to set up a playlist for each person to use as their own "favourites" for quick access.

Is there a way to add a game to a playlist in Big Box?

I thought perhaps there would be an option for "add to playlist" in the game info where the favourites are but haven't seen it on any tutorial vids so far, and haven't bought premium yet to have a good play around.

If not, is that in the pipeline?

Cheers :D

You can already do this. If you select a game in Bigbox, there will be an option for "add to playlist" on the launch menu. Not only that, but you can create new playlists using just the controller. After you click add to playlist, you can then select "create new playlist" (or an existing one) and if the former Bigbox will bring up a virtual keyboard. It's pretty awesome. 

• Like 1

For your setup, you may also be be able to utilize "Favorites" to a similar (but not the same) end. The way Favorites works in Bigbox is that you select a game and make it a favorite, that game will then show up in the beginning of the system's game list (ignoring alphabetical). So them kids could favorite their favorite games and at the beginning of each system game list, they'll all show up, and everyone will be able to scroll through the family favorites. :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FlightRisk said:

Is there a new poll yet or list of what is on the table, or is Jason just focused on the themes manager and pause screens for now?

Here is what is left to do from the last poll, some time after this is done there will be another poll.

4 minutes ago, AmperSandman said:

Looks like Big Box can already do everything I want so that's awesome

I'm glad @Retro808 was able to confirm it was in already, I rarely actually use BigBox myself so I often either forget or am totally unaware of all of the features it has.

• Like 1