LaunchBox Community Forums

(MAME) Add Breakout to Launchbox

MayorQwert

This TTL game is internal to MAME so there is no breakout.zip, unless the import process maybe creates a dummy one.
The MAME command line for it is just mame64.exe breakout
You can launch it through LaunchBox by making a dummy zip, or else, like I do, by pointing LaunchBox to just breakout.

Screen Shot 03-19-19 at 12.23 AM.PNG

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, spycat said:

This TTL game is internal to MAME so there is no breakout.zip, unless the import process maybe creates a dummy one.
You can launch it through LaunchBox by making a dummy zip, or else, like I do, by pointing LaunchBox to just breakout.

Screen Shot 03-19-19 at 12.23 AM.PNG

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. The fullset option wouldn't have worked for me since I only import games as I find ones that strike my fancy, I don't do bulk game adding or anything.

Edited by MayorQwert

@neil9000TTL stands for Transitor to Transitor Logic it basically is for older games before they used microprocessors much like what the emulator Dice does some of these are built into MAME but they don't come with a zip file in the ROM set I'm pretty sure that Breakout isn't the only one but I'm unsure on what other TTL games are available in MAME

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2019 at 10:04 PM, spycat said:

Screen Shot 03-19-19 at 12.23 AM.PNGthank you so much I managed to run on the mame following your tutorial.  you very intelligent ?