LaunchBox Community Forums

Run multiple instance of LB on same PC

The Papaw

Is it possible to run multiple instance of LB on same PC on the same hdd, I have a very large library (15,000) with most of the bells and whistles and it crawls when starting up now. I was thinking about trying to split it up into 2, is this possible?

Windows 10
32GB ram
8TB HDD with 32GB Optane
I8086k @5 Ghz

I have tried most of tweaking tips I can find here, but really not any improvement,

I am doing this too.  As far as the system itself to load there already is a front end launcher for this, it is called the Windows desktop.   I have a LB instance for each system with only the resources for that system in the folder. 

It saves a step (no need to load LB then pick a system from a list,  it just goes right into it) plus it loads MUCH faster.

What I was wondering is if there is anything I can delete from each instance to save space?  What folders are essential?  Can I for example delete DOSbox if I am only going to load Genesis in that instance or will this freak LB out?

Edited by DaveC1964

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, vaderag said:

I'd like to do this but when I go to install it gives me a warning that launchbox is already running, but implies to me that it's not going to like it

Should I be using some install free version or will it happily install a second version if I quit? 

You can have multiple instances on your PC, but you cant actually run more than one at a time.