LaunchBox Community Forums

I cannot exit Demul using ATOMISWAVE - help?

cleverest

The only reason I suggested using Alt+F4 is that is the natural key press that the emulator uses and it closes it cleanly I don't no about with using winclose but with the end process command it wouldn't save any changes I made to the emulator when exiting.

1 minute ago, tallpr24 said:

yes, currently i have it set that when i hit select and start on my controller it exits out of the emulator, or retro arch. works good just not for demul.

Use the code @DOS76 gave you and place it in the Running AHK. Delete the Alt+F4 code. Then test and make sure it works hitting the Escape key on your keyboard. Then try the controller. In Launchbox what # button does it say your Start and Select buttons are?

$Esc::
{
        WinClose, ahk_exe demul.exe
}

@tallpr24 From your early posts (now that I've read them all), it sounds like closing the emulator was not an issue as you were able to hit Esc and it closed.  The issue sounds to be with mapping your controller.

If pressing Esc closes it, don't mess with that part any more.  Look into the controller mapping.  As stated, LaunchBox and BigBox have separate places where you need to map to them.

If you start up demul outside launchbox does escape exit demul? 

Go to Launchbox/autohotkey directory, right click on autohotkey.exe, compatibility, run as admin.

Change ur running autohotkey script to

Joy7::

{

WinGetActiveTitle, WindowTitle
	WinGet, PName, ProcessName, %WindowTitle%
	Process, Close, %PName%

}

Start a game in LB, press button 7 (select on 360 controller)

If you have multiple controllers, press button 7 on all controllers

Does demul close?

If not, is demul in full screen, if yes and it has the option of windowed mode. Set it to windowed mode and try again.

If not, not sure there's much else u can do. 

Edited by jayjay