LaunchBox Community Forums

I cannot exit Demul using ATOMISWAVE - help?

cleverest

Should not need any tricks. If you cam close demul in the other systems the same should close when playing Atomiswave. It still demul that is running. Maybe you have a weird mapping conflict?

Try putting the below AHK in the Running AHK of demul

$Esc::
{
        Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

or this one which closes it a bit more carefully and allows save states to be saved properly. 

{
        WinClose, ahk_exe demul.exe
}

On 6/16/2019 at 1:16 AM, Retro808 said:

Should not need any tricks. If you cam close demul in the other systems the same should close when playing Atomiswave. It still demul that is running. Maybe you have a weird mapping conflict?

Try putting the below AHK in the Running AHK of demul

{
        Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

or this one which closes it a bit more carefully

{
        WinClose, ahk_exe demul.exe
}

Hey I am just starting to map controls to one of my cabs, Im using a xin-mo usb controller which shows up as gamepad. I tried using automation control and mapped a 'hold key' and 'close active window' key to my start and coin buttons. Demul not exiting, what am I doing wrong

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, drewjbx said:

Hey I am just starting to map controls to one of my cabs, Im using a xin-mo usb controller which shows up as gamepad. I tried using automation control and mapped a 'hold key' and 'close active window' key to my start and coin buttons. Demul not exiting, what am I doing wrong

Can you share a few images. 

1: In Launchbox >Tools >Options and show an image of the Input-Gamepad/Joystick tab and the Automation tab.

2: >Tools >Manage Emulators and edit Demul show an image of the Running AHK and and Exit AHK tabs. 

4 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Can you share a few images. 

1: In Launchbox >Tools >Options and show an image of the Input-Gamepad/Joystick tab and the Automation tab.

2: >Tools >Manage Emulators and edit Demul show an image of the Running AHK and and Exit AHK tabs. 

Thanks for quick reply, I got it sorted out. I had wrong button mapped. Now I wish there was a way to add application to a platform that doesn't use an emulator. For example adding a xpadder profile to PopCap games... Load the profile with a mapped Alt-F4 or an escape, then load a blank profile upon quitting the game. I can do this on a per game basis but its time consuming, will do if need to. 

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread but was wondering, is there any way to get demul to exit out of the game using the gamepad.  Currently i have to hit the escape key on the keyboard.  on my other emulators i can hold down select and start on the game pad and it kicks me back out into launchbox.