LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch saves files

shady8knight

Hi everyone,

i finished my cabinet and started playing but noticed something terrible. When i use games on retroarch it doesn't saves or better, it does, but when i close it and open again the game, the save doesn't exist. I noticed even that if i close the content instead of forcing the closure of retroarch it works good but in my cabinet i cannot do that, to come back to the big box menù i use an ahk that force the closure of the emulators. 

Any suggestion to solve it?

Thank you very much.

19 minutes ago, shady8knight said:

Hi everyone,

i finished my cabinet and started playing but noticed something terrible. When i use games on retroarch it doesn't saves or better, it does, but when i close it and open again the game, the save doesn't exist. I noticed even that if i close the content instead of forcing the closure of retroarch it works good but in my cabinet i cannot do that, to come back to the big box menù i use an ahk that force the closure of the emulators. 

Any suggestion to solve it?

Thank you very much.

Do you have premium? Because the standard automation will exit retroarch just fine. Alternatively you can set a exit combo directly in Retroarch itself, Retroarch simply uses Escape to exit.

2 minutes ago, shady8knight said:

Yes i have premium, thank you for the suggestion, i use the ahk to close all the emulators, maybe i must calibrate this thing, i'll give a try. thank you

If you have premium then the built in automation will work to close "most" emulators without any additional AHK scripts, any outliers that do not "just work" you add this script to the "running autohotkeyscript" section in manage emulators, and that should then close those stubborn emulators with the same automation combo.

; This section closes Demul when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
	Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

image.thumb.png.4745cf0eb84d08c34dca462c879055d1.png

Ok, i'm trying and it seems to work, just disabled the closure process of retroarch in my ahk and then setted on retroarch inside.

Found even this solution but doesn't make me feel sure.....

To fix this you can enable the "SaveRAM autosave interval" option under Settings > Saving. Be aware that it might corrupt your save if you close RetroArch while the game is saving, especially in games that heavily use the SRAM and with a low autosave interval. Another option is to use save states. If you're on Android, make sure your save folder isn't located on an external SD card, it won't work.

Only the last matters, there's a way to set the hotkeys in retroarch for all controllers configured? It seems to work only on controller 1, i've searched but didn't found. I would like to exit with any controller.