LaunchBox Community Forums

Default assets - Extract to Platforms directory

dragon57

Default assets - Extract to Platforms directory

View File

Note: using these requires LaunchBox 9.10 beta 1, or above.

The files in the attached archive are the start of my effort to create 'default' images for most of my installed platforms. Copy the archive to your <launchbox install directory>\Images\Platforms directory and extract there. Start Launchbox, select your matching platform names, then refresh all images. Any missing media in your same image categories as mine should now show up (you may have to rename some of the extracted directories if they don't match the platform names in LaunchBox). I modeled most of these on graphic types from EmuMovie assets. Please feel free to make requests, or post your own default images.

The archive has files for the following platforms:

• 3D Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Acorn BBC Micro
  • Acorn Electron
  • Amstrad CPC
  • Amstrad GX4000
  • Apogee BK-01
  • Arcade
  • Atari 800
  • Atari 2600
  • Atari 5200
  • Atari 7800
  • Atari 7800 Homebrew
  • Atari Jaguar
  • Atari Jaguar CD
  • Atari Lynx
  • Atari ST
  • Bally Astrocade
  • Bandai Sufami Turbo
  • Bandai Super Vision 8000
  • Camputers Lynx
  • ColecoVision
  • Commodore 64
  • Commodore 128
  • Commodore Amiga
  • Commodore Amiga CD32
  • Commodore CDTV
  • Commodore MAX Machine
  • Commodore Pet
  • Commodore Plus 4
  • Commodore VIC-20
  • Dendy
  • Dragon 32
  • Dragon 64
  • Emerson Arcadia 2001
  • Entex Adventure Vision
  • Epoch Super Cassette Vision
  • Fairchild Channel F
  • GCE Vectrex
  • Magnavox Odyssey 2
  • Mattel Intellivision
  • Microsoft MSX
  • Microsoft MSX2
  • Microsoft XBOX
  • Microsoft XBOX 360
  • MS-DOS
  • MUGEN
  • NEC PC-8801
  • NEC PC-9801
  • NEC PC-FX
  • NEC PC Engine
  • NEC PC Engine-CD
  • NEC SuperGrafx
  • NEC TurboGrafx-16
  • NEC TurboGrafx-CD
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Nintendo 64
  • Nintendo 64 (Japan)
  • Nintendo 64DD
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Nintendo Famicom
  • Nintendo Game Boy
  • Nintendo Game Boy Advance
  • Nintendo Game Boy Color
  • Nintendo GameCube
  • Nintendo MSU-1
  • Nintendo Satellaview
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Nintendo Virtual Boy
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Nintendo Wii U
  • Nintendo WiiWare
  • Panasonic 3DO
  • Philips CD-I
  • Philips Videopac G7000
  • Philips Videopac Plus G7400
  • PopCap
  • RCA Studio II
  • Sega 32X
  • Sega CD
  • Sega CD 32X
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Sega Genesis
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Mega-CD
  • Sega Mega Drive
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega SG-1000
  • Sharp MZ-2500
  • Sharp X68000
  • Sinclair ZX-81
  • Sinclair ZX Spectrum
  • SNK Neo Geo AES
  • SNK Neo Geo CD
  • SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
  • Sony Playstation
  • Sony Playstation 2
  • Sony Playstation 3
  • Sony Playstation Vita
  • Sony PSP
  • Sony PSP Minis
  • SpectraVideo
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Pal)
  • Tandy TRS-80
  • Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer
  • Windows
  • WonderSwan
  • WonderSwan Color

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well first before i would like to ask for help i would like to thanks you for your effort ^_^

MY issue is i follow the steps but add default images didn't appears at all. I try refresh images from lunch box , big box restart the application even the PC while i was looking around in the application and testing i notice that the lunchbox didn't recognize the folder i added. i used the latest version of the application but it is not fresh installed > 8.9 then i keep updating it 

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, Abdulla said:

Well first before i would like to ask for help i would like to thanks you for your effort ^_^

MY issue is i follow the steps but add default images didn't appears at all. I try refresh images from lunch box , big box restart the application even the PC while i was looking around in the application and testing i notice that the lunchbox didn't recognize the folder i added. i used the latest version of the application but it is not fresh installed > 8.9 then i keep updating it 

Untitled.jpg

Read the first sentence again, it says to put the archive in the <launchbox install directory>\Images\Platforms directory and extract there.

oh god  my mistake i didn't read  the carefully i thought i should extracted in images then put moved it the folders to platform  "consoles" it belong  to.

i correct the folder location and work perfectly. Thanks and god bless u

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oooh.  One more request.   I know I saw you mention you were waiting for the last of it to trickle in before releasing your next pack so I figured id better (even though i feel bad).

Atari Jaguar CD & SNK Neo Geo AES (console) 

also Sony PSP Minis (though one could argue you could repurpose most of the PSP assets depending on how creative one is)

dont feel obligated of course.  If its something youd never use, than I understand if you didnt want to invest the time :)

(and the newer stuff like xbox/360/ps3/switch/wii U/vita needs love, but i imagine your well aware)

Now i believe my request quota has been filled for life (and just about anything anyone else can request has been taken care of lol)   im going to go wash myself.

Edited by klepp0906
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, klepp0906 said:

oooh.  One more request.   I know I saw you mention you were waiting for the last of it to trickle in before releasing your next pack so I figured id better (even though i feel bad).

Atari Jaguar CD & SNK Neo Geo AES (console) 

also Sony PSP Minis (though one could argue you could repurpose most of the PSP assets depending on how creative one is)

dont feel obligated of course.  If its something youd never use, than I understand if you didnt want to invest the time :)

(and the newer stuff like xbox/360/ps3/switch/wii U/vita needs love, but i imagine your well aware)

Now i believe my request quota has been filled for life (and just about anything anyone else can request has been taken care of lol)   im going to go wash myself.

I just uploaded a new archive that should cover all the latest requests. Please keep your requests and feedback coming.

• Thanks 2

since your so obliging, if your trying to futureproof or stay one step ahead (and it doesnt take a huge amount of effort) you can always knock off PS4 and Xbox One, so its done.   

those'll be next on the list coming to a pc near you :P  Xbox One might be a minute lol, but ps4 is already deep in development. 

seems we're missing default 3d carts for 

Lynx (but these things are basically flat so i can imagine their omission being out of necessity similar to discs? nm seems tg16 has them and those are flat too) 

colecovision

nintendo GBA

Virtual Boy

Sega Game gear

Neo Geo Pocket Color

PSP (but unsure if you want to treat UMD the same as the cd/disc based systems.  they technically are, but have some girth due to the plastic shroud that surrounds them so 3d is more practical i guess)

PS Vita (Also psvita default cart image is incorrect.  only PSP uses UMD. psvita is cartridge based)

PSP Minis (no cart or 3d cart, but since they technically dont COME on a cart, not sure if you want to leave this alone as well - or use your obviously profound creativity to flesh it out :P)

Sorry for the list.  While I wish i had your skillset, I do have a horrendous case of ocd/perfectionism so i tend to be a massive thorn in guys like your side  >.<

Edited by klepp0906