LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding Windows games that are not installed

starplayer

Hi.

I have many Windows games in my hdd that are not installed (from got, and isos). I don't want to install them, but I'd like them to be visible in launchbox, from where I would launch the installation file if I wanted to play it. Each game is in a separate folder.

Is there any way to do this without spending the entire summer adding individual shortcuts?

3 minutes ago, starplayer said:

Hi.

I have many Windows games in my hdd that are not installed (from got, and isos). I don't want to install them, but I'd like them to be visible in launchbox, from where I would launch the installation file if I wanted to play it. Each game is in a separate folder.

Is there any way to do this without spending the entire summer adding individual shortcuts?

This is not possible im afraid, if they are not installed there is nothing to import to Launchbox. The only way would be to import the setup files and rename them all, then if you did install one you would then have to edit that game in Launchbox to launch the shortcut instead of the setup file.

• 3 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 11:26 PM, UncleDaddySwiss said:

Hi, i was wondering if there would be/ could be an api importer for uplay and origin. There are several games in both those companies that i have but don't want to install every one of them, nor do i have space for all of them, but i would like to show them in launchbox. 

Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of positive feedback on those when we were recently coming up with poll items for the last poll, so they unfortunately didn't make the list (seems it just wasn't a priority for people). We will probably get something for that in eventually, but as for right now, I'm not sure when it will happen.

On 7/14/2019 at 4:29 PM, starplayer said:

Hi.

Yeah I would find this feature also very useful, apart from the part where you would map setup.exe as an executable in LB instead of actual game…  because now the only way i found to import game's exe is via drag and drop, and then u choose none of the above etc....

• 2 years later...