LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame 0.208 rom issues

spyksaturn

So I've been using rom center to double check my files to make sure we are in the good. Most are correcting but I have some where all files needed are there and the game simply will not load. List is being generated from mame it's self and cross reference with the ones I have in folder. Some examples would be both area 51 and area 51/maximum force Astro Chase
- bass angler
- bass angler 2
- battle arena toshinden 2
- bonze adventure

Just to name some. Anyone else experience this issue and figure out what's going on? With the Capcom games I found there was a file needed that rom center was not picking up on

Bass Angler games need chd files. 

Battle Arena 2 and Bonze Adventure do not appear to need chd and work in the romset I have. I think mine is on .206. I know they need it but did not check what bios file it is. Battle Arena may also need the Capcom qsound_hle.zip file. 

Love this place. Thanks for the info. I'll start with the CHD and start cancelling things out there. I'll try adding the qsound to battle as well. I think this is my last step for launch box and then I can actually start doing some work on big box!!!! Thanks again guys!!!

Bass Angler (bassangl.zip) is a clone of Fisherman's Bait (fbaitbc.zip)
Bass Angler 2 (bassang2.zip) is a clone of Fisherman's Bait 2 (fbait2bc.zip)
They all need the System 573 Bios (sys573.zip)
All four games also require a chd which is different for each game.

Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (ts2.zip) has two clones, (ts2a.zip and ts2j.zip)
All three games need the ZN1 bios (coh1000c.zip) and the QSound device (qsound_hle.zip)

Bonze Adventure (bonzeadv.zip) has three Bonze Adventure clones (bonzeadvu.zip, bonzeadvo.zip and bonzeadvp.zip) as well as the clone Jigoku Megure (jigkmgri.zip)