LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause Screen

Moleburt

I hadn't updated my launchbox in awhile and decided to do it today, for some reason I can't get the new pause screen feature to work, I set the key to "p" and it will pause but doesn't change to a pause screen of any sort, just pauses like it usually does within mame, and other emulators still use the "start" button as the pause. Do I need to disable to pause function within the emulators so that launchbox/big box has the only pause key and there is no interference between the emulators settings? Not really sure what the problem is. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Moleburt said:

I hadn't updated my launchbox in awhile and decided to do it today, for some reason I can't get the new pause screen feature to work, I set the key to "p" and it will pause but doesn't change to a pause screen of any sort, just pauses like it usually does within mame, and other emulators still use the "start" button as the pause. Do I need to disable to pause function within the emulators so that launchbox/big box has the only pause key and there is no interference between the emulators settings? Not really sure what the problem is. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to the pause screens, different emulators will need different settings. Pause does work in MAME also if its setup correctly. You can check this google doc to see if emulators have been tested and if they work with pause or not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wuGiwg8I5QqulDncQvGBZP83BVDSXpbSOzdYqDrsCxI/edit?usp=sharing

You can also watch this video which shows setting them up.

And finally these are the settings i have for MAME, and i also use "P" for them.

image.thumb.png.02da57c8936f1a471902d8fba809934b.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moleburt said:

I watched that video and everything is set like it's supposed to be I think. I'm running mam .203, does the version matter? I can get it to pause, but the screen doesn't come up, not sure what I'm missing.

The version does matter, but not for you, its pre 0.173 that dosnt work. Do you have this command-line in your MAME entry?

mame.png

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Works fine here.

Make sure your pause screen settings for your MAME emulator match these.

update:
For MAME, Bigbox pause still sometimes does not unpause after resuming from the Bigbox pause screen. I have to hit the P key on my keyboard to get it to unpause.

================================
The "Forceful Pause Screen..." was not checked by default for me. Maybe that was my problem. Like others above said, mine only worked about half of the time, and sometimes would not un-pause once paused. Ill check that last box and see if it helps.

Edited by ItchyRobot

26 minutes ago, midd said:

Mine is still not working.  I have the settings exactly like in the pics.  I tried both LB and BB.  Only the games pauses.

Do you have Pause option turned on in the global setting? If you have it on in the emulator setting, but turned off in the global setting it does not work. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 3.25.33 PM.png

21 hours ago, Retro808 said:

In Mame is pause still set to "P" in Mame's input mapping?

Double check this is actually P for MAME. I was using a two button combination for Pause in MAME, and also using that same two button combo for my BigBox keyboard mapping (using the Hold button for combos). Once I changed this back to P in MAME it seems to be working fine now. Hopefully this makes sense to you