LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause Screen

Moleburt

6 minutes ago, midd said:

For Mame it's my tankstick.  For the retroarch games, my xbox 360 controller.

That might explain the Launchbox issue. I use the same devices. For the tankstick I assume you are using standard keyboard inputs? If so, in Launchbox, the Tankstick will not work as you can only set 1 keyboard input for pause. So if in Launchbox it is set to "P" and not a key your tankstick can trigger Mame will not Pause to the Launchbox Pause Menu. It will only pause directly in Mame. In BigBox it should work because you can set a combo and it will send "P" to Mame. 

What do you use to initiate Pause on the Tankstick. 

4 minutes ago, midd said:

For testing purposes, I'm using the keyboard and pressing P.  I don't press the tankstick nor do I have any buttons assigned as of yet.  I literally decided yesterday to pay around with the Pause screen.

And pressing P while in Mame does not send you to the Launchbox Pause it only pauses mame directly? Is this in LaunchBox or BigBox or both it does not work?

Can you share some pics. 

In Launchbox:

>Tools>Options and share a pic of the Game Pause settings. 

In BigBox. Go to the Settings>Options>Keyboard Mappings: Scroll to bottom and share pic of what you have set for Pause. Then go to Keyboard Automation and share a pic of those settings. 

3 hours ago, midd said:

ok so I never had Pause set up in Big box.  Assigned it P in keyboard mappings and it worked.  Launchbox still no luck.

Can you go into the Game Pause option in Launchbox, hit clear and then click in the box with P and set it to a button on your Tank stick and then launch a mame game from Launchbox and test using the button you set? 

I just tested setting it to the right bumper button (Shows as D4) and for me Pause Menu still works. I just want to see if changing it from P to something on your Tankstick will work. If it does not I am at a loss. 

42 minutes ago, midd said:

ok that worked.  Took a second to switch and the game kept playing after selecting it.

Well it is a step forward. Odd that in Launchbox when set to "P" and using the keyboard Mame will not go to the Launchbox Pause Menu. Try changing back to "P" and testing the p key on your keyboard again. 

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any other cases, besides my own, of BigBox losing focus when bringing up the BigBox pause screen in MAME (198)?

Sometimes it comes up fine, only to lose focus when choosing EXIT. It will instead just go back to the game or to a black screen... when in black screen I can alt+tab and see MAME is still running. This makes me thing BigBox tried, but failed to close MAME when I selected the EXIT option.

And then sometimes the BigBox Pause screen wont come up at all when in MAME.

I have it set to P in MAME and BigBox. And got rid of P for Play for the other keyboard default function.

2 hours ago, ItchyRobot said:

Are there any other cases, besides my own, of BigBox losing focus when bringing up the BigBox pause screen in MAME (198)?

Sometimes it comes up fine, only to lose focus when choosing EXIT. It will instead just go back to the game or to a black screen... when in black screen I can alt+tab and see MAME is still running. This makes me thing BigBox tried, but failed to close MAME when I selected the EXIT option.

And then sometimes the BigBox Pause screen wont come up at all when in MAME.

I have it set to P in MAME and BigBox. And got rid of P for Play for the other keyboard default function.

We have seen some issues like this. Typically Mame works well though. I personally have not had any issues in quite a bit with Mame since the pause feature was added. 

Are you using Mame or one of the offshoots like MameUI or Arcade64? Also are you using multiple monitors?

58 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

We have seen some issues like this. Typically Mame works well though. I personally have not had any issues in quite a bit with Mame since the pause feature was added. 

Are you using Mame or one of the offshoots like MameUI or Arcade64? Also are you using multiple monitors?

I'm using the official MAME exe   (v198)

It's annoying, because it has worked randomly from time to time. I got sick of it messing up, so had to turned off, which also turns it off for all my other emulators too =(

2 minutes ago, ItchyRobot said:

I'm using the official MAME exe   (v198)

It's annoying, because it has worked randomly from time to time. I got sick of it messing up, so had to turned off, which also turns it off for all my other emulators too =(

You can turn it off per emulator via Tools/Manage Emulators/Name of Emulator/Pause screen tab.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...