LaunchBox Community Forums

Music documentaries

Mr. RetroLust

Aside gaming nostalgia i'm very much into music nostalgia as well, I think i've seen it all at this point but I hope I haven't. Monterey, woodstock, wattstax, the festival express, hendrix's countless docu's, hype, the global world of metal, punk etc. I've seen a lot, too much to mention basically, but I hope you can provide some docu's I haven't seen yet, currently i'm having a beer while watching 'Still Bill'; about Bill Withers, great stuff a humble human being he is. If you have any tips I'd like to hear em. Cheers!

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

I just saw somewhere there is a doc called "murder in the front row" named after the book of the same name, documenting the early club metal scene in the bay area.  I think it has interviews and stuff.  It played at an independent theater nearby, but I missed the only night it was there.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you want something a little different studio recording documentaries are really cool. Watching a band make a record in the studio. Seeing how songs were put together, early versions, band arguments, and seeing the studio itself. It's really interesting to be able to see the instruments used and how it was all recorded. 

• Thanks 1