LaunchBox Community Forums

PS3 (Eboot.bin) bulk importer

Il 22/10/2022 alle 12:21, marcosgaming ha detto:

Ciao ragazzi, 

Seguo la guida per l'importazione di giochi massiccia per ps3 e importo automaticamente tutti i miei giochi, ma quando provo ad avviare un gioco importato da questo plugin dammi questo: impossibile accedere alla discoteca". 

Vieni a sistemarlo? Grazie

16664337620636865440770235215137.jpg

Problem it's solved! 

I must change emulator for all games in rpcs3. Thanks. 👌🏾

This tool worked amazingly. Huge time savings. Thank you!

One question though. I have a few games with duplicates. Two different GameIDs. After looking at them I noticed that the difference is in region. BLES (EU) vs BLUS (US) in most cases. Does launchbox have a way to clean this up to make it a version of the game instead of two separate entities?

Also, I would like to add that when I imported the metadata originally I selected to import for all instead of the recommended setting which only updates empty fields. What that caused is the region to be overwritten to blank. So I had to do it all over and use the recommended setting. My fault, but just an FYI for others in case they are having the same issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DanCue said:

Does launchbox have a way to clean this up to make it a version of the game instead of two separate entities?

I think what you're asking is to combine the 2 (or more) games into one [visible] entry and then be able to choose which region version to play.

Click the EU version and then press and hold Ctrl and click on the US version.  (Let go of the Ctrl key)  With the 2 games now both selected, right-click on one of them and select Combine Selected Games... and follow the prompts.

The 1st prompt is to select which game will be the 'main' game.  This will be the one that is visible and the default one that will play.  To play [one of] the other region(s), right click the game and select Play Version then select the version you want to play.

1 minute ago, JoeViking245 said:

I think what you're asking is to combine the 2 (or more) games into one [visible] entry and then be able to choose which region version to play.

Click the EU version and then press and hold Ctrl and click on the US version.  (Let go of the Ctrl key)  With the 2 games now both selected, right-click on one of them and select Combine Selected Games... and follow the prompts.

The 1st prompt is to select which game will be the 'main' game.  This will be the one that is visible and the default one that will play.  To play [one of] the other region(s), right click the game and select Play Version then select the version you want to play.

Ok. I would prefer to use the US version as the "main" game but when I am asked to select which one they are both the same name so I can't tell which is which.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but this is a process that the normal importer would have done automatically with any other platform, right? 

34 minutes ago, DanCue said:

this is a process that the normal importer would have done automatically with any other platform

The MAME Arcade Full Set [Import] Wizard will allow for combining parent and clone ROMs.  I don't believe importing for other platforms will.

36 minutes ago, DanCue said:

Are you saying that if I select the US version last that will be the first option on the list of games that I should select as my "main" game when asked?

No.  If that works, it's just a coincidence. ;) 

43 minutes ago, DanCue said:

I would prefer to use the US version as the "main" game but when I am asked to select which one they are both the same name so I can't tell which is which.

If they're not really name BLES and BLUS and are actually named the exact same, there's a couple ways to go about this.  

One is to edit one of them and change the games Title to something like BLUS-US to distinguish it from the other. Then combine.

Another is to just combine them, then Edit the combined game(s).  Go to the Additional Apps section and click the one you want to be default and then click Make Default (in the lower right corner of that screen).

1 minute ago, JoeViking245 said:

The MAME Arcade Full Set [Import] Wizard will allow for combining parent and clone ROMs.  I don't believe importing for other platforms will.

No.  If that works, it's just a coincidence. ;) 

If they're not really name BLES and BLUS and are actually named the exact same, there's a couple ways to go about this.  

One is to edit one of them and change the games Title to something like BLUS-US to distinguish it from the other. Then combine.

Another is to just combine them, then Edit the combined game(s).  Go to the Additional Apps section and click the one you want to be default and then click Make Default (in the lower right corner of that screen).

Excellent. Thank you!

• Game On 1

• 1 year later...

Has this been depreciated? When I add the folder to plugins and start Launchbox I can't find it under Tools in the UI. I haven't used any plugins before so maybe I'm missing something. I made sure to check the security option before extracting the folder. 

I don't think Launchbox was properly restarted since installing the plugin, I changed my theme and it popped up upon restarting. So nevermind!

Edited by AnyColour