LaunchBox Community Forums

PS3 (Eboot.bin) bulk importer

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@jayjay Just wanted to let you know that I just tried out the importer and it imports all the ps3 games but I do not think it is writing to the Sony Playstation 3.xml correctly even though the game paths are correct. I imported all my ps3 games via the plugin and the only one that launched was the one I imported manually. I think it is because launchbox used different xml files when this plugin was created.

8 hours ago, kmoney said:

@jayjay Just wanted to let you know that I just tried out the importer and it imports all the ps3 games but I do not think it is writing to the Sony Playstation 3.xml correctly even though the game paths are correct. I imported all my ps3 games via the plugin and the only one that launched was the one I imported manually. I think it is because launchbox used different xml files when this plugin was created.

Pretty sure you are missing these steps from the instructions:

"When games have been imported, they may not show up til you change platform and change back to playstation 3. Use LB's bulk editor to change emulator."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silverchair said:

Pretty sure you are missing these steps from the instructions:

"When games have been imported, they may not show up til you change platform and change back to playstation 3. Use LB's bulk editor to change emulator."

Yep that is correct. I was half asleep when I tried last night. Did not read the part about changing the emulator again. I had assumed since I had the emulator set correctly the first time I imported manually, it would carryover. All is working well know, sure does save a lot of time using this importer vs having to do every game manually with how the eboot files are in the folder structure.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

i have 5 Games  on PS3 platform runing yet. After importing a new folder with 50 games, they are present in Launchbox. Every games can be startet. When closing launchbox and opening again, all new imported games are away and only the five games before bulk-importing are present. 

Any hints? Thanks a Lot.

15 minutes ago, Vojake said:

Hello,

i have 5 Games  on PS3 platform runing yet. After importing a new folder with 50 games, they are present in Launchbox. Every games can be startet. When closing launchbox and opening again, all new imported games are away and only the five games before bulk-importing are present. 

Any hints? Thanks a Lot.

I'm betting you are using Skraper, correct? If so it is breaking your Launchbox by storing unnecessary files in your Launchbox/Data/Platforms folder, remove the files that have "backup" in the name. 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, drr said:

Just doing import right now, thank you so much man!

I finsihed the Import, the games working fine, but i can't get the images into it.

I tried it like described on the first page.

Any1 know what i can do to get the covers?

• 4 weeks later...

Complimenti, è una notizia meravigliosa questa. Domani proverò a seguire le istruzioni per aggiungere la mia grande collezione PS3 ma ho delle domande da fare. 

1) Launchbox è su hard disk esterno X con tutti gli emulators ma visto che per ps3 ho un altro hard disk grande esterno Y, posso mettere Rpcs3 emulator su hard disk X e i giochi su Y?? O è necessario che Rpcs3 si trovi nell'hard disk dei giochi Y?? 

2) I Giochi attualmente sono zip, devo necessariamente estrarre tutto?

3) Mi conviene mischiare i giochi originali PS3 con i PSN PS3? Attualmente sono in cartelle separate. 

4) Come funziona con i DLC o gli unlock? Etcc.... 

In conclusione da cosa mi conviene iniziare per configurare tutto correttamente sul mio Launchbox? 

Possiedo oltre 2.000 titoli tra PS3 e psn quindi la procedura di massa è la mia salvezza. 

Grazie sempre del vostro supporto. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...