LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

14 minutes ago, klyze_pt said:

good point, i usually use it free for small files, completely forgot the annoying limitation in bigger files.

I guess if the large file is @Mr. RetroLust original files, you could just upload your configs here in the download secion and in the file description link to the original file uploads? That way you only upload the configs and users are linked directly to the original files on the same page. That way you get credit for your configs, and Mr. Retrolust gets credit for his initial files.

Edited by neil9000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

I guess if the large file is @Mr. RetroLust original files, you could just upload your configs here in the download secion and in the file description link to the original file uploads? That way you only upload the configs and users are linked directly to the original files on the same page. That way you get credit for your configs, and Mr. Retrolust gets credit for his initial files.

unfortunally i had to rename every png, and even change a couple of them.

some mame overlays have more than one png and i had to setup up manually.

but ill definetly credit @Mr. Retrolust, i just basically mass converted the files and did some small changes

• Game On 1

Just now, klyze_pt said:

unfortunally i had to rename every png, and even change a couple of them.

some mame overlays have more than one png and i had to setup up manually.

but ill definetly credit @Mr. Retrolust, i just basically mass converted the files and did some small changes

Ah, yeah that is what i was afraid about and assumed was the case as you included the large file rather than just linking to the originals.

What's New in Version 2.9

This is the last update pack, soon i'll upload all the packs in alphabetical packs including bezels from the update packs, to make it easier to download for the future.

- Added Update Pack 05, added a shadow between the sides and the bezel for a subtle depth effect. Also darkened some colored t-molding.
- Upgraded the bezel for Lock'n'Chase as it had low quality t-molding.

• Thanks 1

What's New in Version 3.1

Uploaded all the packs in alphabetical packs including the shadow effect updates and other revised bezels, this means the project is finally finished, thanks for all the support and enjoy! :)

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2225-mr-retrolusts-mame-4k-lights-out-realistic-bezels/

If you are interested in my past and future projects you can follow me and/or check out my content page https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/88501-mr-retrolust/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 2

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, fazmeister said:

Apologies if this has been asked before but do you need to do a change somewhere so that the top and bottom corners aren't clipping off information?

For example on 1942 the 1up and 2up and number of planes and credit info is obsured

Thanks in advance

Make sure "artwork crop" is disabled and also use the mame effect setting to bend/round the corners of the screen.

@fazmeister See also: 

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

21 minutes ago, fazmeister said:

Ok thanks, so what you are saying is that's just because of the curved CRT look and not an actual alignment issue, i.e the bend could be made to go round all the text ?

When you bend it with the curved CRT effect you'll see more of the text because when the game screen is flat the bezel will cover the text.