LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

Wow, it's hard to believe that the work is done (minus the requests of course), watching this project grow has been such an amazing experience. Waking up to a new overlay (sometimes a few of em) almost daily has been an absolute treat and it'd be disingenuous of me if I didn't admit to being just a little sad it's all over, but then I get to thinking just how much time/effort has actually gone into all this and I'm immediately relieved that it's finally done and I'm sure you are too.

I honestly can't thank you enough for all the work you've put into this (and other projects), any self respecting collector would be proud to use such a polished/pristine collection of overlays on their games. The theme you created may have been a game changer for me, but you continue to impress and quite frankly inspire with not only the quality, but the consistent output as well.

I cannot wait to see what you've got planned next, you're an absolute mad man and I know whatever it'll be, it'll be epic! ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, L4ZYD4NE said:

Wow, it's hard to believe that the work is done (minus the requests of course), watching this project grow has been such an amazing experience. Waking up to a new overlay (sometimes a few of em) almost daily has been an absolute treat and it'd be disingenuous of me if I didn't admit to being just a little sad it's all over, but then I get to thinking just how much time/effort has actually gone into all this and I'm immediately relieved that it's finally done and I'm sure you are too.

I honestly can't thank you enough for all the work you've put into this (and other projects), any self respecting collector would be proud to use such a polished/pristine collection of overlays on their games. The theme you created may have been a game changer for me, but you continue to impress and quite frankly inspire with not only the quality, but the consistent output as well.

I cannot wait to see what you've got planned next, you're an absolute mad man and I know whatever it'll be, it'll be epic! ^^

Thank you so much for the kind words man, really appreciate it! :) ? Next project is releasing a pack of high resolution marquees I have collected through the years, hope you have a second monitor to display them, a marquee monitor really adds to the arcade experience.

• Thanks 1

Many congratulations on achieving your goal!!  I imagine it was quite possibly a rocky road, so full respect for taking on such a huge task and maintaining the momentum. 

And a personal thank you for your generosity, my own collection of curated roms has been enhanced exponentially from your work.  Having the games and scan lines is great and fed the nostalgia fiend in me, but your vision really brought back that early 80s environment, and quite frankly surprised me how much of an enhancement that is.  My fear now is that someone creates an 80s arcade in VR...  I think I would flip my lid!

And I know I've said it before, but such an effort and willingness to share your work is a shining example of positivity and good nature in an increasingly hostile digital world. Have you considered politics? ?

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thank you so much for the kind words man, really appreciate it! :) ? Next project is releasing a pack of high resolution marquees I have collected through the years, hope you have a second monitor to display them, a marquee monitor really adds to the arcade experience.

You're most welcome, for me it's the least I could do/say. Oh that's gonna be awesome. Sadly I don't have a marquee screen yet, but I'll certainly look into it, as that'll really elevate the experience to the next level no doubt. Thanks for the heads up on what's next, I'll certainly be keeping an eye open for it. ^^

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mdlp said:

Many congratulations on achieving your goal!!  I imagine it was quite possibly a rocky road, so full respect for taking on such a huge task and maintaining the momentum. 

And a personal thank you for your generosity, my own collection of curated roms has been enhanced exponentially from your work.  Having the games and scan lines is great and fed the nostalgia fiend in me, but your vision really brought back that early 80s environment, and quite frankly surprised me how much of an enhancement that is.  My fear now is that someone creates an 80s arcade in VR...  I think I would flip my lid!

And I know I've said it before, but such an effort and willingness to share your work is a shining example of positivity and good nature in an increasingly hostile digital world. Have you considered politics? ?

Thanks so much man, good to see it had that effect on your experience :) I don't have vr goggles but there is a program called new retro arcade: neon that does it. Lol I did consider politics actually in the past in my activist years, but I don't like the nasty game aspects of it haha ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good morning.   I'm really hoping the deadline is inclusive of today...  I was curating my list last night and have only just finished.   ?

But here is my 'wish list' for your consideration.  There are what I expect to be a couple of more awkward ones, apologies for that.

Christmas List for Mr RL.xlsx

Launchbox Title  Alternative Title Parent ROM Horz/Vert

10-Yard Fight 10-Yard Fight '85 10yard H
Great Swordsman n/a gsword H
Lunar Lander n/a llander H
Shao-Lin's Road Kicker kicker V
Spy Hunter n/a spyhunt V
Tailgunner n/a tailg H
TX-1 n/a tx1 H
Up'n Down n/a upndown V
Vindicators n/a vindictr H

Many thanks again for all your efforts.

Cheers, Mark.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mdlp said:

Good morning.   I'm really hoping the deadline is inclusive of today...  I was curating my list last night and have only just finished.   ?

But here is my 'wish list' for your consideration.  There are what I expect to be a couple of more awkward ones, apologies for that.

Christmas List for Mr RL.xlsx 8.73 kB · 0 downloads

Launchbox Title  Alternative Title Parent ROM Horz/Vert

10-Yard Fight 10-Yard Fight '85 10yard H
Great Swordsman n/a gsword H
Lunar Lander n/a llander H
Shao-Lin's Road Kicker kicker V
Spy Hunter n/a spyhunt V
Tailgunner n/a tailg H
TX-1 n/a tx1 H
Up'n Down n/a upndown V
Vindicators n/a vindictr H

Many thanks again for all your efforts.