LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox On Firestick 4k

voyagerxp

56 minutes ago, voyagerxp said:

Hey guys is there anyway of installing Launchbox Android on a Amazon Firestick 4K?. I've brought it on the playstore for my S10+ but would love it on my firestick.

Turn on the options on the fire stick for side loading, then download apps2fire from the play store, add the fire sticks ip to it and pick launchbox from the installed on device list, to transfer and install it to the stick.

Actually getting your roms onto the fire stick though is a whole other issue, you will need es file explorer on the fire and a similar app on the phone that has a built in ftp server, then use es on the fire stick to find the running ftp server on your phone to transfer the roms.

Keep in mind that you will need the 32-bit version of the APK in order for it to work properly on the Fire Stick, and so you'll need a 32-bit device with Google Play in order to purchase it on that. It's not really an easy process, unfortunately. We'll be putting it up on the Amazon store here soon though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Keep in mind that you will need the 32-bit version of the APK in order for it to work properly on the Fire Stick, and so you'll need a 32-bit device with Google Play in order to purchase it on that.

Ah yes, thart part completely slipped my mind, so yeah that wouldnt work with your S10+ as that is 64bit only i'm guessing. I had the same issue, but had a tablet running 32bit so did it from there.

• 1 month later...

I have it running on Firestick and it opens up and I can navigate fine, but the import does not work. It will only read internal storage and not the flash I exported my roms to. Kind of useless since the Firestick has virtual no room for all my roms. Retroarch reads my flash drive but the LB app does not. Could this be something that gets fixed in a future update?

On 1/7/2020 at 11:20 PM, biffwebster said:

I have it running on Firestick and it opens up and I can navigate fine, but the import does not work. It will only read internal storage and not the flash I exported my roms to. Kind of useless since the Firestick has virtual no room for all my roms. Retroarch reads my flash drive but the LB app does not. Could this be something that gets fixed in a future update?

I'll review this eventually, yes. I'm guessing this is because the Fire Stick uses an ancient version of Android, but hopefully I can find a workaround.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

I'll review this eventually, yes. I'm guessing this is because the Fire Stick uses an ancient version of Android, but hopefully I can find a workaround.

Its a relatively new-ish version. The issue is it does not nativily support external storage, full stop. It is a dongle with no sd/usb inputs. It is possible to use a OTG cable/dongle to get external storage to it, but that is in no way supported by Amazon, or there version of fire OS which is a derivitive of Android. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 7:20 AM, biffwebster said:

Retroarch reads my flash drive but the LB app does not

Thats likely just a Android remnant that maybe should be disabled by retroarch for devices like this. There is no way without workarounds to plug sd/usb into a firestick which has zero ports on it.

• Like 1