LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch wont load in launchbox

jeffza1987

Remove the extra command line parameter from both your Playstation and Arcade platforms, you are sending that command twice because that is what the core selector in the cores column is for. The extra command line parameters is just for that purpose, other parameters beyond the core.

@sundogak

ah I understand what he meant now. I have taken those same steps, I however did not have the "Don't Use Quotes" option selected in the first place, so it did not cause me any issues. 

I have since checked the associated platform and made sure the spelling was precisely what my listed console "Sony Playstation" was under (slight difference in your image due to my "S" in "Station" was not capitalized). They matched the entire time. So both of these options do not apply to me which is a bit unfortunate.

Again, my issue is that when attempting to launch a game through Launchbox into Retroarch, I get a black screen and no activity. I can take the very same ROM file and manually load it directly in Retroarch and the ROM will work fine. I'm a bit confused as I have tinkered around in the Retroarch settings (the little that i do understand) and in Launchbox's settings, and have yet to find a solution.

Any help is appreciated!

NOTE: Does having multiple cores installed for the same console (in this case Playstation) in Retroarch cause issues? I downloaded all Playstation related cores thinking that having a lack of the correct cores may be part of the issue earlier, and I am now wondering if having too many cores is part of the problem? 

Edited by itsturningred

Screen snap the above two windows and an example game rom window that will help folks to see if there is a glitch in the setup.  There isn’t anything in RA that you have to make work with LB.  LB is “just” a launcher so if working outside LB it means a setting somewhere in LB is likely causing an issue.  You might also temporarily turn off startup screens in LB so you can see if any windows are popping up that would be masked otherwise.

Is LB and RA working for other platforms or is it just PS1?

Edited by sundogak

Having this problem too, tried the solutions in this thread, tried uninstaling and reinstalling retro arch, deleteling and rescaning for roms, moving retroarch installation into launchbox folder. Nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I paid for this :(

@neil9000

Thank you for the response!

I am currently using SCPH-5501. I also have SCPH1001, but RA was having trouble starting without 5501, so I just put that in place. 

Again through RA, I can run games fine, the specific problem is that I cannot launch games starting from Launchbox into RA. When taking the exact same ROM file, I can play it if I directly open it in RA, but if I use the same ROM file and try to open it in Launchbox, RA just sits at a black screen indefinitely.

Your question on multiple cores, no you can have multiples. They don't impact each other.  You said you had it working in RA, but I assume the RA core you used outside LB and the one listed in the LB drop down are the same. 

Nothing immediately an issue in screens you showed above.

What is one of the games you are testing edit screen look like?  Capture.thumb.JPG.abef6ef0d646294bebb8598c2bfe0eaa.JPGLastly, would turn off startup screen and pause screen while testing and check have default AHK scripts and nothing in the "Running AHK" tab.  All these work fine in RA and LB but just helps eliminate any variables while figuring out what is wrong.