LaunchBox Community Forums

Scrapping with Launchbox : internal and emumovies name of media

Zozio

Hello,

I use emumovies and the internal scraping tools to scraping data for my roms. But i have a problem with name of media  that launchbox download. I share my launchbox media between other front end (to use on my gun cab  and my race cab). But name with launchbox scraping rename all the media with different name of the rom.

An example, i scrap this rom : The rom name is "90 Minutes - European Prime Goal (Europe).zip" for super Nintendo

- When i scrap from launchbox (internal or emumovies engine) name of all media become "90 Minutes_ European Prime Goal-01" and not "90 Minutes - European Prime Goal (Europe).png"

- When i scrap with emusync from emumovies scrap (outside launchbox) name are ok and are the same of my rom : "90 Minutes - European Prime Goal (Europe).png"

I want all my media have the same name of my rom.

So i have 2 questions :

1) Is there an option in Launchbox to make scrapped media with the same name of my rom ?

2) Is it possible to transform name of all my media aldready scrapped in same name of my rom filenames ?

Thanks for help.

Edited by Zozio
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Your never going to get it. In my opinion because Emumovies  and die hard collectors have a naming convention that is perfect (just my opinion) and alot I bet like my self are constantly correcting LB scrapping.. Just look at the media if you scrape 50 games for a box images there are 50 different sizes...

You have to remember that the Launchbox database was created for use with Launchbox. While we have left it open and therefore the info and images can be downloaded and used with other frontends, it is primarily for use with our own product. If you can make use of it's info and images for other frontends then great, but thats not really the aim of the project, so not a focus for us to alter how Launchbox works so that we can explicitly support competing frontends. If you are going to use info and media from the Launchbox database with a competing frontend, then you are going to have to do some renaming unless the frontend in question supports the same naming as Launchbox. To be honest, if you really want to use our info and media you should be asking the developers of whatever other frontend you are using to support our naming scheme, not the other way around.