LaunchBox Community Forums

Lambda beta

Lambda beta

View File

This theme attempt to be minimal and modern and maximise screen estate.

Note: this is a beta release and features may change in future releases.

Installation

• Unzip into LaunchBox\LBThemes directory
  • In LaunchBox go to: Options -> Visuals -> Theme: Lambda beta

Windows 7/8 user: Microsoft's “Segoe MDL2 Assets” font ( SegMDL2.ttf ) is required for the buttons and icons to rendered properly. (If you have it it will work but it’s not included here because of licensing reasons.)

Settings guide

tl;dr:

• You may have to tweak your Boxes aspect ratio and spacing. 
  • The top Details image is only visible when Fanart is available.
  • Button bar can't be hidden because of the licensing info.
  • Font and colour settings have no effect (font is based on system font).

Settings used in screenshots are:

Options -> Visuals -> Boxes -> Spacing:

Aspect Ratio: 0.6 * 
Horizontal Spacing: 2
Vertical Spacing: 2
Horizontal Padding: 8
Vertical Padding: 2
Text Spacing: 4
Text Lines to Show: 2

*) For horizontal box art you may need to use a higher value.

Options -> Visuals -> Boxes:

Align Text Vertically : enabled
Align Text Horizontally : enabled
Show Subline : enabled (for platform info)

Other recommended settings:

Options -> Legacy -> General -> Game Details:

Show Fanart: enabled
other options at your own preference

Options -> Legacy -> Images -> Background Priorities :

Fanart : enabled
other options disabled

Options -> Visuals -> Backgrounds:

Background Blur Amount : 100
Background Fade Amount : 0

(Imo. the theme looks best when blurred background Fanart and Details Fanart are the same image.)

Settings that don't have any effect:

• Button bar can't be hidden because the license has to stay visible.
  • Colours are hard coded.
  • Font (including size and scaling) is based on your Windows system settings.

Thanks to Grila for allowing me to use his LBPlex theme code, Retro808, neil9000, C-Beats and Jason Carr for testing and everyone who supported this release on the forum.

Lambda beta theme CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Shadowfire 2020

• Like 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 12:31 AM, Eyssa said:

Wonderful theme, but I wish the name of the game appeared when I put the mouse on the cover, so that I can differentiate between Disk 1 and Disk 2

Lambda beta is supposed to show the game titles below the cover. Have you set "Game Text Lines to Show" to 1 or greater in the "Spacing" section of LaunchBox config?

2 hours ago, shadowfire said:

Lambda beta is supposed to show the game titles below the cover. Have you set "Game Text Lines to Show" to 1 or greater in the "Spacing" section of LaunchBox config?

I checked the options and did not find an option for the name of the game as in the picture that I attached to the top ..

21 hours ago, Eyssa said:

I checked the options and did not find an option for the name of the game as in the picture that I attached to the top ..

Go to "Options -> Visuals -> Boxes -> Spacing" and set "Text Lines to Show" to "2"

The game title should be visible below the covers, not on hovering above. Like in the screenshots posted here

7 hours ago, shadowfire said:

Go to "Options -> Visuals -> Boxes -> Spacing" and set "Text Lines to Show" to "2"

The game title should be visible below the covers, not on hovering above. Like in the screenshots posted here

I did it, but the horizontal space has increased and ruined the look of the covers ...

29 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Then adjust that as well to your liking. Thats why the settings are there you can mess with them to get the look you like.

All I want is the appearance of the name of the game on the cover when I put the mouse on it , and I hope that happens on next update ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi - there is an issue with this theme - dates are sorted improperly.  See the below thread.  I fixed the xaml file and attached it.  There was another sorting property in there related to something other than dates.  I didn't know what that did so I left it alone - you may want to look at the default theme and see if anything else needs to be changed.  Thanks for the great theme!

ListContentView.xaml

• Thanks 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As the theme hasn't been getting updates, and I've been fixing things locally as new features cropped up, I may as well fork and compile the fixes for everyone else.

First release here: retroNUC/lb-theme-lambda-fix (github.com)

beta-fix 1.1.2a 2021-12-09
-SideBarView: Fixed missing Filter button on search bar in later versions of LaunchBox
-ListContentView: Fixed column sorting for date-related fields, such as 'Release Date' and 'Last Played'
-ListContentView: Fixed missing column bindings (including Badges) that were introduced in later versions of LaunchBox

lb-theme-lambda-fix-1.1.2a.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1