LaunchBox Community Forums

Hello there! Just repost this as viking told me,

I didn't find some of the systems I have. Specifically "Pokemon mini", "MSX" and "MSX2" for now. I don't want to use different style vids for them. Also they are the first in my list and annoy me. So I tried to do something similar for these systems. Unfortunately I'm not an artist or a designer. My skills very low. Especially on shadows. I used some material from "nostalgia" theme, but l tried my best in everything else.. I didn't know about the tutorial that the viking published. I'm not in "after effects" at all. "Adobe premiere" is my top.  But now it is better than nothing for me. I rate my work as a non-professional mod for Colorful theme. But If anyone interested, I can share until viking releases his version of it. For "MSX" I used "Sony HB-75P" model, for "MSX 2" - "Philips vg-8235".  Also sorry if my english isn't very good, Thank you. 

P.S. Oh, I see the guideline now. Maybe I'll try to rework it with correct way later. 

Edited by tiualex
  • Like 3

Hi all,

Hope you all are doing well

Viking, Any chance you can share the after effects (aep) file for the PreComp_Multi_Gameplay from Category_Playlist or Category_Favorite?
None of the videos needed just the project file.

Im making some playlist videos and 2 of the screens in my video seem a little off. Would be helpful to be able to compare them with the once in your project, if possible

Edited by Hazuki

Thanks everyone, this is fantastic. My absolute favorite theme. I'm testing the new MSX, MSX2 and Pokemon Mini platform videos, and there seems to be a mismatch between the background colors. Any suggestions to fix that? image0.thumb.jpeg.cc8ee0cce9550afa82a8ccd281df2e65.jpegimage2.thumb.jpeg.d877e10d86e217b81df20e356bb8970b.jpeg

IMG_1534.thumb.jpg.16e2db9890b76699d46dcd8d4558b7c3.jpg

Very much hoping to join in the creation of these soon!

Edited by clockw3rk

13 hours ago, clockw3rk said:

I'm testing the new MSX, MSX2 and Pokemon Mini platform videos, and there seems to be a mismatch between the background colors. Any suggestions to fix that?

It looks like these platforms haven't been added to the theme yet. You can do it yourself if you like, but keep in mind that when the theme is updated any changes you've made will be gone.

Anyway if you want to add them, navigate to:
LaunchBox\Themes\COLORFUL - Light\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a\AssemblyConfig

There you'll find 2 files that can be edited in any text editor.
Open Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a.dll.config and add the platform names.

<add key="Platform.MICROSOFT_MSX2" value="Microsoft_MSX2" />
<add key="Platform.NINTENDO_POKEMON_MINI" value="Nintendo_Pokemon_Mini" />

And in Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7a-Colors.dll.config add the colour values

<add key="Platform.MICROSOFT_MSX2" value="#3547a1" />
<add key="Platform.NINTENDO_POKEMON_MINI" value="#36416e" />

I think MSX is already added, but with no value, so you only need to add the value for that one.

I've got my main games collection on another computer, so I haven't checked if the colour values for the platforms are correct. May be a bit off.

Hope this helped

• Like 1

Hi @viking!

I have been working lately on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum video, following (or trying to follow, to be more precise :)) your instructions.

Can I get your expert opinion on the progress? I'm not too happy with the composition, particularly with the perspective of some of the elements.

I'm trying different background colors. I'd rather go red, or blue.

Thanks a lot for sharing all these resources.

Sinclair-ZX-Spectrum.thumb.png.272031bf7b768980c9684ad04bd9c9ba.pngSinclair-ZX-Spectrum-3.thumb.png.a1191c438f350cf89dafb59f5574dc33.pngSinclair-ZX-Spectrum-2.thumb.png.b595f14b82c2ff796248bc7d02e6e943.png

Edited by CMOSS

Awesome thank you!

However, after acquiring all the roms, and then going to grab a core, I found out there appears to be no real functional ps vita emulator. What an odd situation to have all games and no emu. I'll save your video for years in the future when hopefully an EMU for vita exists?

2 minutes ago, Razamis said:

Awesome thank you!

However, after acquiring all the roms, and then going to grab a core, I found out there appears to be no real functional ps vita emulator. What an odd situation to have all games and no emu. I'll save your video for years in the future when hopefully an EMU for vita exists?

Well games are dumped when a console is hacked, theres no point at all in waiting for a emulator before dumping games. There are also Switch and PS4 games out there as well, and of course no emulator for those either.

On 2/14/2021 at 9:23 PM, clockw3rk said:

FYI my votes for additional videos would be Sammy Atomiswave, NAOMI, Intellivision, Fighting Games and Gaming Magazines (or individual top magazines like GamePro and EGM)

My vote also goes to Sammy Atomiswave, that's a nice arcade platform currently missing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 9:10 PM, CMOSS said:

Thanks! Yes it is.

I am uploading the "final" versions of the CPC and Spectrum videos, waiting for feedback from @viking

@CMOSS 
WOW !!!! Veryyyyyy niiiiiice !!!! Thx !  =D

Your 3 videos are TOP! No complaints.
Maybe just magazines that don't have the same perspective, but I know it's very difficult (if not impossible) to find the right photos.

If you want, you can post the video + sources set here and I'll put them with the others, with your credit.

For the theme color codes, I would have to find an easier way to share them.
If I have to update the whole theme with every new video, I'm never going to get it!
Any suggestions?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, viking said:

@CMOSS 
WOW !!!! Veryyyyyy niiiiiice !!!! Thx !  =D

Your 3 videos are TOP! No complaints.
Maybe just magazines that don't have the same perspective, but I know it's very difficult (if not impossible) to find the right photos.

If you want, you can post the video + sources set here and I'll put them with the others, with your credit.

For the theme color codes, I would have to find an easier way to share them.
If I have to update the whole theme with every new video, I'm never going to get it!
Any suggestions?

Thanks @viking!

I agree that the magazines have a different perspective. I will post a version of the ZX Spectrum one with a modified perspective of the magazines (I think the one for the CPC is fine).

I will definetely upload the sources.

• Thanks 1