LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues importing games from Epic Store

Chrius

I started using LaunchBox today, imported all my Steam and Origin games without issues, but when I tried importing my games from the Epic Store the Import tool only showed about half of the games I have on my account.

The ones that showed up imported without issues. I tried importing them a second time, but the "Ready to Import" screen is empty now.

Do I need to do anything different to import all my games from the Epic Store?

• 2 weeks later...

We've had some users report similar issues with games not appearing. I need to devise a good way to debug the API call for some of the users experiencing this but currently I cannot do this without the users credentials (which I don't feel comfortable asking for or having). Before the next beta release I am hoping to get some more logs added into the Epic code to see if we can figure out why users are having this issue and if it is on our end or Epic's.

I'll addon to this, since it's similar enough I don't feel it needs a new thread, my Epic was the first and only games I  have right now, and LaunchBox is saying "Displaying 20 of 25 total games" even though I have selected "all" in case some Windows games got through, but I'm guessing it's tied to this bug.

11 hours ago, Azolphion said:

I'll addon to this, since it's similar enough I don't feel it needs a new thread, my Epic was the first and only games I  have right now, and LaunchBox is saying "Displaying 20 of 25 total games" even though I have selected "all" in case some Windows games got through, but I'm guessing it's tied to this bug.

What you are describing would suggest that you have some titles hidden.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, C-Beats said:

We've had some users report similar issues with games not appearing. I need to devise a good way to debug the API call for some of the users experiencing this but currently I cannot do this without the users credentials (which I don't feel comfortable asking for or having). Before the next beta release I am hoping to get some more logs added into the Epic code to see if we can figure out why users are having this issue and if it is on our end or Epic's.

I just tried to add Epic Games into my LaunchBox 11.3 instance and same issue - no games show up.

First time trying to import Epic Games content into LB.

I did notice, under Epic Games --> Account --> Connections --> Apps, Launchbox isn't listed as well even though I provided it credentials? Does LB use this API or another method to scrape the data?

Edited by coolspot

• 2 months later...

Thanks again for the log. I was able to track down a few potential issues with the Epic importer and have made some code changes that should appear in the next beta release. Once that happens I'd love if you could update to the beta and see if it corrects your issues.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Thanks again for the log. I was able to track down a few potential issues with the Epic importer and have made some code changes that should appear in the next beta release. Once that happens I'd love if you could update to the beta and see if it corrects your issues.

Ok, thanks ?

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, GloveB0x said:

This issue still seems to persist in the latest release. :(

We are not currently seeing issues with the Epic Games importer. 

Are you able to run through the process again, make sure you have "Force importing duplicate games" enabled and check your "Ready to Import" results? If you are not seeing a game in this list that you know is in your library, provide some names and we can investigate.

Also, make sure you have nothing checked under View > Hide Games.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I think I ran into the same problem. Most of my games from Epic seem to import, but there's a problem with two. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and Star Wars Battlefront II. I tried "Force importing duplicate games", erasing my whole library, importing those games again. Nothing seems to be working. I thought that maybe it's an Epic problem, but checked on GOG and there all my games sync without problems.

image.thumb.png.68549b7888d4475737518e3ce1121db4.pngimage.thumb.png.bce5399fc30b2b55079ec7db0d5dcfae.png

5 minutes ago, zbychutr said:

Hello, I think I ran into the same problem. Most of my games from Epic seem to import, but there's a problem with two. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and Star Wars Battlefront II. I tried "Force importing duplicate games", erasing my whole library, importing those games again. Nothing seems to be working. I thought that maybe it's an Epic problem, but checked on GOG and there all my games sync without problems.

image.thumb.png.68549b7888d4475737518e3ce1121db4.pngimage.thumb.png.bce5399fc30b2b55079ec7db0d5dcfae.png

I believe this is because you do not own the games on Epic, when you launch them they open the EA app and log you in and load from there, so they are actually EA App games and not epic Store games.

• 11 months later...