LaunchBox Community Forums

LV-101

View File

LV-101 is dark, futuristic and responsive theme. Theme uses custom device and playlist images (download the psd templates from here). 108 devices are included in this package.

Should work well with 16:10, 16:9, 4:3 and 5:4 ratios.

Theme was designed to use box art, gameplay screenshot and gameplay video. If you want to make changes you can download the Community Creator Tool Files.

For view transitions I recommend the vertical animation, it just feels right with this theme.

Requires a powerful system to run smoothly. Tried it with i5-4570t and performance was horrible. AllNightLong works better on older systems.

Theme contains:

• Platform Wheel 1
  • Platform Wheel 2
  • Text Filters View
  • Text Games View
  • Horizontal Wheel 1 Games View
  • Horizontal Wheel 2 Games View

So not a lot, but I didn't want to make this theme as huge as my previous theme. Less is more, or so they say.

Credits:

@y2guru for the COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox
@viking for the amazing platform videos.

Fonts: 
Montserrat
Designed by Julieta Ulanovsky, Sol Matas, Juan Pablo del Peral, Jacques Le Bailly (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Montserrat?query=montse)

Device Images:
The Vanamo Online Game Museum (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos/Credits)

Fan Art:
This theme uses some images from EmulationStation theme Tronkyjared (https://github.com/cowboyjeeper/tronkyjared)

Background Video:
Free B Roll by <a href="http://videezy.com">Videezy.com</a>

Edited by thimolor
  • Like 2

Excellent theme.

Just a request in case someone can produce extra platform banners (I tried but it is beyond my capabilities):

AdventureVision
NEC SuperGrafX
AmigaCD32
Nintendo SatellaView    
Game.com
Wonderswan Colour
ZX81
BBC
PC 9801
Oric

Commodore Plus 4
MSX 2
Thomspn TO8D

Thank you

2 hours ago, Wally said:

Excellent theme.

Just a request in case someone can produce extra platform banners (I tried but it is beyond my capabilities):

AdventureVision
NEC SuperGrafX
AmigaCD32
Nintendo SatellaView    
Game.com
Wonderswan Colour
ZX81
BBC
PC 9801
Oric

Commodore Plus 4
MSX 2
Thomspn TO8D

Thank you

Just an FYI he did release the files you can use to create additional platforms images. I believe GIMP which is free can open psd files.

4 hours ago, Wally said:

Excellent theme.

AdventureVision
NEC SuperGrafX
AmigaCD32
Nintendo SatellaView    
Game.com
Wonderswan Colour
ZX81
BBC
PC 9801
Oric

Commodore Plus 4
MSX 2
Thomspn TO8D

Thank you

I can make these for you. Amiga CD32 and SuperGrafx should already be in the devices folder... I might have misspelled them.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just set up a 5:4 monitor with Lv-101, then jumped into the community editor to make a few small tweaks:

• Game view with video on right, rather than screenshot
  • 3D Box in middle
  • Clear logo above
  • Few font sizes

Nothing major and the only real addition was the clear logo, but now I'm getting random freezing, 90% of the time it's when you hit escape to go to main menu, 10% in the playlist view (I only use playlist view as this is a 1up machine I've upgraded for Racing/Star Wars games).  Win 10-64, GTX 1650 LP, 8GB. Not a rocketship, but solid SFF Optiplex.

Anyone see similar when editing with community tools? I love the theme and the ability to tweak. So clean, awesome job @thimolor

On 9/5/2020 at 5:39 PM, releasedtruth said:

I just set up a 5:4 monitor with Lv-101, then jumped into the community editor to make a few small tweaks:

• Game view with video on right, rather than screenshot
  • 3D Box in middle
  • Clear logo above
  • Few font sizes

Nothing major and the only real addition was the clear logo, but now I'm getting random freezing, 90% of the time it's when you hit escape to go to main menu, 10% in the playlist view (I only use playlist view as this is a 1up machine I've upgraded for Racing/Star Wars games).  Win 10-64, GTX 1650 LP, 8GB. Not a rocketship, but solid SFF Optiplex.

Anyone see similar when editing with community tools? I love the theme and the ability to tweak. So clean, awesome job @thimolor

Do you use the view with the background video? Does this problem occur with both platform views? Have you tried disabling the transition animations from bigbox options?

Edited by thimolor

Awesome theme, I really dig the style!

There's one issue I have, which I can't seem to fix by myself. If there is no video, I'd like to see the screenshot in the gamelist view. 

If I add it as a background image, it will show through the video.

If you have the time to look into it, i'd really appreciate that!

Edited by Tigmex

On 9/24/2020 at 5:40 PM, Ba6yhulk said:

Is there any way you could create a matching playlist platform category clear logo?

I'am sorry, but I don't have the time to make more images to these themes. I'am currently designing a new theme with zero custom images, so users can use whatever they want or can.

4 hours ago, thimolor said:

I'am sorry, but I don't have the time to make more images to these themes. I'am currently designing a new theme with zero custom images, so users can use whatever they want or can.

Thanks for the response. I can't wait to try the new one. I didn't think anything would pull me away from colorful, but this theme is my new go to. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, thimolor said:

I think there is some transparency in the video. Can you take a screenshot for me?

Sorry it took me a while to get back to it. So apparently the video has transparency. But I cant seem to find an option to turn it off. 

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Tigmex

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to prevent the Box Art from disappearing when on a game? Or change the amount of time? I’m guessing it’s going to a video or some other image but I only downloaded and want the box art. If I’m not describing it well, once you’ve selected a game, a line starts to go down the screen and then once it reaches the bottom, the image disappears. Can I change that behavior? Thanks anyone.

15 hours ago, Rockovissi said:

Is there a way to prevent the Box Art from disappearing when on a game? Or change the amount of time? I’m guessing it’s going to a video or some other image but I only downloaded and want the box art. If I’m not describing it well, once you’ve selected a game, a line starts to go down the screen and then once it reaches the bottom, the image disappears. Can I change that behavior? Thanks anyone.

Hi, I think you need to make changes to the theme using the Community Theme Creator tool. You would need to remove the animations and the video.

• Thanks 1