LaunchBox Community Forums

Convert multiples Bin/Cue games into ISO

EduInmigrante

I know nothing of WinBin2Iso but allot of such programs can be executed via a batchfile. But if you have that many games may I suggest compressing them. That will save you allot of space. I use maxcso and can bulk compress them via a batchfile . But if I remember correctly maxcso recuires iso's to begin with.

Edited by Koroth

3 hours ago, Koroth said:

I know nothing of WinBin2Iso but allot of such programs can be executed via a batchfile. But if you have that many games may I suggest compressing them. That will save you allot of space. I use maxcso and can bulk compress them via a batchfile . But if I remember correctly maxcso recuires iso's to begin with.

No no no, i dont want to compress.. I want to avoid loading screen and i have a LOT of free space :)
And the WinBon2Iso dont work with command lines. u.u

Indeed I also did a search for WinBin2Iso and saw no command-line options. But I'm curious. If you have 1500 PS2 games, are they all in bin/cue? Because it is my understanding dat cd based PS2 games can be bin/cue, but DVD based games are usually in ISO. Also you are wrong about compression. Modern compression formats have streaming decompression. That means that only data requested by the emulator during  gameplay is decompressed on the fly. Not the entire file before playing. Formats with an extension like .gz for PS2 and .CHD (originally  MAME) but adopted by other emulators as well. E.g. RetroArch.

9 hours ago, Koroth said:

Indeed I also did a search for WinBin2Iso and saw no command-line options. But I'm curious. If you have 1500 PS2 games, are they all in bin/cue? Because it is my understanding dat cd based PS2 games can be bin/cue, but DVD based games are usually in ISO. Also you are wrong about compression. Modern compression formats have streaming decompression. That means that only data requested by the emulator during  gameplay is decompressed on the fly. Not the entire file before playing. Formats with an extension like .gz for PS2 and .CHD (originally  MAME) but adopted by other emulators as well. E.g. RetroArch.

I have 1500+ games. 800+ are in .bin/.cue format, the other half is all in .iso format. And i repeat: Hard Drive space is not a problem for me! I want it all decompressed in iso!

• 6 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 2:03 PM, EduInmigrante said:

image.thumb.png.95fe74ff4b3a33aeb4c0203c42c770ec.pngBat file done. wish me luck!

EDIT: WORKING :D
image.thumb.png.46c612473729fac16a11c4008e6750a4.png

Hi EduInmigrante, This is awesome. I have powerISO installed and have a bunch of PS2 Bin/Cue files id like to automatically convert. Could you please help me out and advise me what I need to do to to make a bat file work. I have no idea about bat files what so ever. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Simple PowerShell script to use would be this:

$files = gci c:\temp\BIN *.bin
foreach ($file in $files) {
    Write-Host $file.Name -ForegroundColor Green
    $file2 = $file.Name -replace ".bin",".iso"
    $folder = "C:\TEMP\PS2ISO\"
    $null = & 'C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe' convert $file.FullName -o "$folder$file2"
}

it's using the 64-bit version of powerISO, change to 32-bit accordingly if that's what you have installed.
It will convert BIN files in the c:\temp\BIN to ISO files in the folder c:\temp\ISO

Edited by runeblade
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

i couldnt get that powershell script to work (granted i dont know powershell at all) . this is what i did. put this in a .bat file, place it in a folder with your bin files and run it.

for %%f in (*.bin) do ("C:\Program Files\PowerISO\piso.exe" convert "%%f" -o "%%~nf.iso")

Edited by rye74
  • Thanks 1