LaunchBox Community Forums

Is this trolling?

Z3R0B4NG

23 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Constructive criticism, and disagreeing with somebody on a topic is NOT rudeness.

Understand none of these remarks were helpful in any way. Would've been best to just not even reply to what I brought to attention if this was the route it would become.

All you did was yet again discourage people from help. You speak of opinions and constructive criticism only to justify why it's okay to keep on with the habit of being the first to jump down everyone's throats over the smallest things. I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices that of you too because that's the reputation you have made of yourself for reasons I have no idea why you'd rather be that way to all of us.

I'd rather if you got nothing nice to ever say to me, just don't even reply to me anymore. There are far nicer Mods here who I'm sure who could be more helpful and way less discouraging towards people to where they may never wanna take part in anything LaunchBox ever again all because of how they got treated.

Edited by RULLUR

6 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Understand none of these remarks were helpful in any way. Would've been best to just not even reply to what I brought to attention if this was the route it would become.

All you did was yet again discourage people from help. You speak of opinions and constructive criticism only to justify why it's okay to keep on with the habit of being the first to jump down everyone's throats over the smallest things. I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices that of you too because that's the reputation you have made of yourself for reasons I have no idea why you'd rather be that way to all of us.

I'd rather if you got nothing nice to ever say to me, just don't even reply to me anymore. There are far nicer Mods here who I'm sure who could be more helpful and way less discouraging towards people to where they may never wanna take part in anything LaunchBox ever again all because of how they got treated.

You have had three different moderators in here tonight, all telling you exactly the same thing. Have you ever stopped to wonder if its you with the problem here and not us? I first commented when you posted because you were accusing a database submitter of being a troll, and i said that that didnt seem like trolling to me, and i would of approved the image in question as well. Since then you have continued to argue with everybody who has commented, you just cant seem to stop arguing and telling us that your own opinion is the exact correct one and should be followed while everybody else's opinion is irrelevant as it is contrary to your own.

Please, lets just drop this pointless discussion.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, Lordmonkus said:

No, because "fanart" is very subjective. The end user can download it if they like and they can choose to use it if the like it or not use it if they think it's shit.

In this context "Fanart" is kind of a copout, pretty much anything can be construed as "Fanart"... there is no category for official background artwork with stricter rules either so we have to make the best of what we have to work with.  

As for Mortal Kombat (i'm no expert there either, but i did look around a bit just now), you may see that logo as "generic" but on closer inspection many of the games in that Franchise have very unique artwork when it comes to that dragon...
a few examples:  

4b66dbe4-cf28-4771-a4fc-b785b0223058.jpg

4acf4ab0-86c3-4a2c-b5ce-377df0be201b.jpg

d9b98882-7e5a-45b5-b2ad-af2051145d8c.jpg

fe90045d-df13-476d-ae26-d78e95629f95.png

It absolutely makes sense to stick with the style of the official artwork, even if it seems generic on first glance.  

Just like i wouldn't want to see the MMPR Power Rangers team in the background of a Power Rangers Zeo game, that just doesn't belong.  
Or the wrong art style of Turtles...  (and i did clean up a lot of that a while ago... it was a mess!).  

...i hope i made at least that point a bit more clear, because he didn't do a good job at that.

• Thanks 1

Try always writing a reason for your uploads, it makes them harder to be rejected, specially on artwork that might seem generic.

That particular MK9 background might be rejected because it looks generic and iirc someone put it on every MK game and it was accepted!

As for PNG vs. JPG for backgrounds, if you use high quality settings for the jpeg compression, the visual difference is almost non-existent but the file size difference is still massive. Remember that the database images are meant to be used in an application so performance and file size should be more important than quality or historical preservation efforts.

• Like 1