LaunchBox Community Forums
Z3R0B4NG

Is this trolling?

I just saw while moderating that somebody tried to change 4x Disc to random other categories, i screenshotted the last 2
(1 is a error, 2 is "i'm drunk editing lolz", 3 is suspicious AF, at 4 it is starting to be trolling ... if you ask me).  

Maybe a Admin want to look into educating or banning that person?  

air combat.jpg

This person has been doing it for some time now. I reject them with reasoning message: "Troll" as there is no other reasoning for his behaviour. He has been banned before but makes it a hobby to come back every time, what a life he must have, I pity the fool.

@Jason Carr

On 8/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, Mr. RetroLust said:

This person has been doing it for some time now. I reject them with reasoning message: "Troll" as there is no other reasoning for his behaviour. He has been banned before but makes it a hobby to come back every time, what a life he must have, I pity the fool.

@Jason Carr

Makes me wonder if this is the same 1 person who tends to vote against something that totally belongs as Background art too. I've lately been trying to make sure when I submit things now to make sure it's part of the same title on other Platforms so all can enjoy when it may not already have a Background or whatever else I submit. Thing is sometimes I get things like the other day a 1 vote to disapprove my Duke Nukem 3D backgrounds, and last night a vote against deleting background art for The Punisher on Genesis since it was from the Thomas Jane movie and THQ published game. All it does is make me second guess what some of my entries as to maybe the quality or size wasn't to their liking that I now even ask my Wife what she thinks before I send them out since she too is a gamer and knows how hard I work on accuracy to reflect the original artwork without disgracing it. That's why we sometimes have things in the Database that aren't just Googled up which in some cases is what I also do, but if nothing is found is when I make my own from what was used in items that sold the game.

I want to thank @Retro808 for directing me to the right place about this matter, even though that post and mine are removed even though I got an email explaining why and what happened before his and mine got deleted.

So anyway, what originally was spoken of is that last night the Background I submitted for Putter Golf for SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive got rejected for being mistaken for stock footage or being generic when we have tons of things like NBA games that have a Basketball in the dark as a Background, and even one commented a rejection to it with "-" as their reason which makes no sense either. I actually do my research to assure you all are getting what actually belongs to your favorite games, and what Background I submitted was actually the same photo that got used on the cover art. So now that I know I'm in the right place to speak of this, I would like to know how to make it clearly understood that this Background actually does belong to Putter Golf, and you all can see for yourselves in the photos below. I'm not at all one of these people who just throw in whatever like someone threw in all that Mortal Kombat 9 stuff with the original 3 Mortal Kombat games in which I'm doing my part in cleaning things like that up. I'm also trying to make sure nothing has the game's logo in it so that it doesn't conflict with the Clear Logos too in which I hope you all will help the cause in that as well.

Putter Golf-01.jpg

Putter Golf-01.png

Edited by RULLUR

I mean I know that its part of the game box (because you told me so) but if not I'd totally think that was just some generic golf photo that didn't have anything to do with the game and reject it. That said I am not one of the people who rejected the image (as I don't mess with the DB beyond maybe adding a box front for a game I have that is missing) but I can see why people would just assume its a stock golf photo and reject it.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, and thanks for understanding. I hardly vote either, but when I do I try do what I know for sure about. Like say someone did something for say Vectrex or something I know nothing about I try and skip my vote on it so that I don't become somewhat of a hindrance to what might actually be accurate to something I know nothing about. I can assume at times some will vote against something they know nothing of, and sometimes even be okay with something they don't know and ends up not accurate.

I admit the other day I submitted a Background for The Last Blade 2 as a Clear Logo by accident, and oddly enough it got accepted with no votes against it. I was hoping others would reject it, but I had to request it to be deleted and even said it was uploaded as that by mistake. Just hoping I don't end up making mistakes like that again because I feel I'm doing some injustice there by not giving the community accurate pieces of art and then it causes confusion on many levels based of the perspective of how others utilize these pieces. I wanna do my best in giving everyone what exactly is of a game once they import it and I know Backgrounds need so much work, so I at most try and focus on that unless I see something else that needs added in such a cover from a different region, and may even do some fan art covers too like I did with DOOM II on PC the other day using the artwork they were originally going to go with but later ended up with what is well known today. I figured hardcore DOOM fans would get a kick out of that one too

Edited by RULLUR