LaunchBox Community Forums

amstrad gx4000 rom set i need

A Retro guy

11 hours ago, A Retro guy said:

i serched far and wide on google and i coudnt find any rom sets for the amstrad gx4000 that were the right file extensions btw im using the caprice32 core in retroarch btw but still i need an amstrad gx4000 rom set NOW!!!

It is against forum rules to provide links to roms.

I will say I have never emulated this system but was able to find working roms easily in Google. In fact archive is where I found them in several different uploaded sets.

well i just download the tosec amstrad gx 4000 rom set on archive and the games are in bin and cpr formats witch caprice32 does not support but caprice32 does support zip filles and the games were aleady in zip filles so maybe the games may boot up in retroarch if i leave the games in their zip filles since the caprice32 core supports zip filles. RIGHT??????

Just now, A Retro guy said:

well i just download the tosec amstrad gx 4000 rom set on archive and the games are in bin and cpr formats witch caprice32 does not support but caprice32 does support zip filles and the games were aleady in zip filles so maybe the games may boot up in retroarch if i leave the games in their zip filles since the caprice32 core supports zip filles. RIGHT??????

Doubt it, Retroarch will just unzip the files in most cases that arent Arcade.

yeah i arady sreached in googole but all rom sets i found i coudnt download or were not the right file extension or just out of date or whatevers [or i condnt acess the zip without me typing a password i dont know first] also u do know u can see information like what file extensions it supports by going to load core select the core of your choice go to information then go to core information and do it like that right?

2 hours ago, A Retro guy said:

plus i wanted a rom set that is a file exstension that the caprice32 core actullay supports

I don't run this system myself, but looking at my MAME software lists roms for that platform, they appear to be mostly dsk which should work with the Retroarch caprice64 core.

I would suggest checking out MAME software list packs for that system.