LaunchBox Community Forums

amstrad gx4000 rom set i need

A Retro guy

7 hours ago, DOS76 said:

using a content directory override in RA you can probably run both from the same core assuming the games are in different folders.

i do not think u get it. the amstrad gx4000 games only work if i set the model as 6128+ for the caprice 32 core. but normal amstrad cpc games do not work if i set the model to the 6128+ in the caprice 32 core

2 minutes ago, A Retro guy said:

i do not think u get it. the amstrad gx4000 games only work if i set the model as 6128+ for the caprice 32 core. but normal amstrad cpc games do not work if i set the model to the 6128+ in the caprice 32 core

We get it, and what we are saying is you can have it set to either of those options you want, just save them as content overrides, so set it correctly for a platforms and save a content directory override, then load it up again with a game from the other system, change the setting, and then save another content directory override. now that system setting will be different depending on what rom you load.

lol I don't think you get it if you set it to 6128+ and set a content folder override then all the games in the gx4000 folder will launch like that if you then go and change the setting to how you need it to work for armstad cpc then they should work and so should gx4000 using the override.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

We get it, and what we are saying is you can have it set to either of those options you want, just save them as content overrides, so set it correctly for a platforms and save a content directory override, then load it up again with a game from the other system, change the setting, and then save another content directory override. now that system setting will be different depending on what rom you load.

Ok, but i don't know how to do that.

1 minute ago, A Retro guy said:

I don't think i get it.

Neil and DOS both told you that you can have a single core run different ways by using Content Override. Content Override will apply the core settings you set to any game launched from a certain folder. Content = Folder. So have all your gx4000 roms in one folder and cpc in another. Load a gx4000 game and set the core settings then apply the Content Override. Do the same with cpc....launch game, set core settings, apply Content Override. How you select the Content Override is right in the image below from the link you were given (it is the sentence under the bulleted item).

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 9.30.22 AM.png