LaunchBox Community Forums

8 minutes ago, Mr. Belding said:

Sorry for the delayed response.  The game fan art is what I was talking about.  Game box art is displaying in the background instead.

Check your background image priorities in the options window. Fanart background should be the first option. If the game does not have any background image, then it will default to the second option and so on. In my case, I have only marked the fanart background. If not found, then no image will be displayed (and the theme will use a default one).

imagen.thumb.png.a16798c65106b6e5f9e8b6ef8bc26be9.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 1:43 PM, CMOSS said:

Check your background image priorities in the options window. Fanart background should be the first option. If the game does not have any background image, then it will default to the second option and so on. In my case, I have only marked the fanart background. If not found, then no image will be displayed (and the theme will use a default one).

imagen.thumb.png.a16798c65106b6e5f9e8b6ef8bc26be9.png

That fixed it!  Thank you so much!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love what Coinops are doing with their frontend! Is there a download available for the entire Coinops Redux package? I would love to use this theme, but I can't really afford to buy Big Box at the moment. I already use Coinops Next 2 (Arcade), but I would love to have all of my games together in one place, and Coinops has the best visual appearance (in my opinion). Any help with this would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...

[Platforms] Sets of fanart images (1120x1080) for several platforms. If you want to use them, just unzip and copy / paste to Launchbox\Images\[Platform]\Fanart - Background.

is it possible to use other folder instead of fanart - background folder ?? specifically for that that theme

Edited by ad_m81

On 1/4/2021 at 11:05 AM, joelandsonja said:

I absolutely love what Coinops are doing with their frontend! Is there a download available for the entire Coinops Redux package? I would love to use this theme, but I can't really afford to buy Big Box at the moment. I already use Coinops Next 2 (Arcade), but I would love to have all of my games together in one place, and Coinops has the best visual appearance (in my opinion). Any help with this would be appreciated!

I am afraid not. This theme is for Big Box.

24 minutes ago, ad_m81 said:

[Platforms] Sets of fanart images (1120x1080) for several platforms. If you want to use them, just unzip and copy / paste to Launchbox\Images\[Platform]\Fanart - Background.

is it possible to use other folder instead of fanart - background folder ?? specifically for that that theme

You could do this by changing the image priorities for the background to something else. Then you would need to drop the images to the corresponding folder. For example, if you select as your background image priority the option "Banner", then you would need to drop all these images in the Images\Banner folder of Launchbox.

The only problem with this approach is that it applies for all your themes, not this one specifically.

5 minutes ago, CMOSS said:

You could do this by changing the image priorities for the background to something else. Then you would need to drop the images to the corresponding folder. For example, if you select as your background image priority the option "Banner", then you would need to drop all these images in the Images\Banner folder of Launchbox.

The only problem with this approach is that it applies for all your themes, not this one specifically.

thanks for your quick replay :) im looking into something to do with editing WheelGamesView.xaml to tell it to select a specific folder thanks again :)

Hi,

Your theme is awesome, thank you very much !

Though I have a little bug : Frequently, when I enter in menu options, or when I go back on the plateform view, the theme freeze, nothing answers, I have to hard quit with the windows task manager.

And all my other themes (unified, criticalzone, custom) don't freeze like that.

Has this ever happened to anyone ?

Another problem : The the texts are cut in the menu. See the screenshot.

Capture d’écran 2021-02-15 223127.jpg

Edited by gaialily

10 hours ago, gaialily said:

Hi,

Your theme is awesome, thank you very much !

Though I have a little bug : Frequently, when I enter in menu options, or when I go back on the plateform view, the theme freeze, nothing answers, I have to hard quit with the windows task manager.

And all my other themes (unified, criticalzone, custom) don't freeze like that.

Has this ever happened to anyone ?

Another problem : The the texts are cut in the menu. See the screenshot.

Capture d’écran 2021-02-15 223127.jpg

Yes, it does. And I don't know why. I would suggest to remove that view from the theme.

Go to your Launchbox\Themes\CoinOps Redux\Views folder and delete (or move out of this folder) the file SystemView.xaml.

7 minutes ago, gaialily said:

Thank you. I replace the xaml with the unified one. It works and the freeze when entering in options have stopped. 

An idea for the freeze when I go back on platform selection ?

Not sure either. That does not happen to me.

We plan to release a new optimised version of the theme, but for that we need to wait until the new Community Theme Creator version is out. Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Edited by CMOSS

8 minutes ago, gaialily said:

OK I'll wait till this release. 

Your theme is my favorite so I hope it will solve.

(By curiosity, when the new Community Theme Creator will be out ?) 

I am not sure, but I think we will still need to wait for a few weeks.

8 hours ago, gaialily said:

Hi,

What do I have to modify in the xaml wheelview to have the release date of the game instead of the title game in the left bottom corner ?

Is it possible ?

Thanks.

Capture d’écran 2021-02-22 140353.jpg

Hi! I am not aware that it is possible to get the release date out. That is not a field that the Community Theme creator allows me to choose.

8 hours ago, Shadufax said:

A doubt, after choosing the game, the next screen is as if it didn't have the theme applied, is that so or did I do something wrong? Just a detail anyway

list.jpg

Hi! Indeed. We didn't style this screen. We will probably do it for the next version we release.

Thanks for the reminder!