LaunchBox Community Forums

On 2/22/2021 at 2:10 PM, gaialily said:

Hi,

What do I have to modify in the xaml wheelview to have the release date of the game instead of the title game in the left bottom corner ?

Is it possible ?

Thanks.

Capture d’écran 2021-02-22 140353.jpg

Version of the wheel game view substituting the title of the game for the release date (thanks to @thimolor for the tip).

Just replace the file in your launchbox/themes/coinops redux/views for this one.

Wheel4GamesView.xaml

12 hours ago, CMOSS said:

Version of the wheel game view substituting the title of the game for the release date (thanks to @thimolor for the tip).

Just replace the file in your launchbox/themes/coinops redux/views for this one.

Wheel4GamesView.xaml 110.54 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much, but I have this error message.

I don't know if it's related, but I'm on the 11.10 beta of launchbox.

Capture d’écran 2021-02-28 221238.jpg

Edited by gaialily

Hi Everyone.  Love this theme!  I'm having some issues with random freezing though unlike with many other themes for BigBox.  When I select a game, after closing an emulator, just navigating through the main wheel, etc. can lead to random freezing.  I reached out to CMOSS and he confirmed that he was seeing the same issue.  Has anyone found a solution?  I really like the look of the theme and would like to keep it set up, but cannot if the freezing issue is not resolved.  Any help would be appreciated!  

19 hours ago, gaialily said:

Thank you very much, but I have this error message.

I don't know if it's related, but I'm on the 11.10 beta of launchbox.

Capture d’écran 2021-02-28 221238.jpg

Hi! It's probably that. 11.10 comes with changes in BigBox. I've seen other similar issues in the forum.

We will need probably to update the theme, but for that we would also need an updated version of the theme creator.

Edited by CMOSS

Just now, CMOSS said:

Hi! It's probably that. 11.10 comes with changes in BigBox. I've seen other similar issues in the forum.

We will need probably to update the theme, but for that we would also need an updated version of the theme creator.

Yeah changes have been made, and documentation for that will be provided in due course once everything is ironed out there with the betas. As i always say, if you dont want to be a beta tester, then please dont update to them and then complain when things break, because they often will, just stick to the official releases.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah changes have been made, and documentation for that will be provided in due course once everything is ironed out there with the betas. As i always say, if you dont want to be a beta tester, then please dont update to them and then complain when things break, because they often will, just stick to the official releases.

Oh I don't complain at all, I was just wondering and try to understand. Given that the theme have some problems since the last beta, the question was legitimate. These problems could even been put in the beta subject ?

Just now, gaialily said:

Oh I don't complain at all, I was just wondering and try to understand. Given that the theme have some problems since the last beta, the question was legitimate. These problems could even been put in the beta subject ?

I wasnt having a pop, just saying that its best to stick to official releases if a smooth experience is important to you.

Hi Everyone.  Thank you for the replies.  I had Launchbox 11.10 installed when I installed CoinOps Redux.  I was encountering the random freezing, so I reverted back to 11.9.  The freezing seemed to lessen, but is still there.  I'm not running an alpha or beta of Launchbox or the CoinOps Redux theme as best as I can tell.  Everything should be at a proven revision.  Any ideas on how to prevent the random freezing that I and I believe others are experiencing with this theme?  Cheers.

12 hours ago, jwolfe2208 said:

Hi Everyone.  Thank you for the replies.  I had Launchbox 11.10 installed when I installed CoinOps Redux.  I was encountering the random freezing, so I reverted back to 11.9.  The freezing seemed to lessen, but is still there.  I'm not running an alpha or beta of Launchbox or the CoinOps Redux theme as best as I can tell.  Everything should be at a proven revision.  Any ideas on how to prevent the random freezing that I and I believe others are experiencing with this theme?  Cheers.

It's not only with this theme, apparently. I don't really have a clue what the issue is. In my case, it happens quite rarely, but sometimes it does mostly when opening the options view.

9 hours ago, CMOSS said:

It's not only with this theme, apparently. I don't really have a clue what the issue is. In my case, it happens quite rarely, but sometimes it does mostly when opening the options view.

So I'm not the only one ? For my dev computer it makes Bigbox completely unusable. @Jason Carr any ideas?

Not sure if this helps, but one source of my freezing issues was when I would quit a game in Mame.  When it would return to Bigbox, Bigbox had lost focus.  After I click the left mouse button, focus would return to Bigbox and all is good.  I did not notice this origin of freezing with other emulators.  After deleting my AHS for Mame, this problem went away.  Just thought I'd share this with the group as it helped to resolve one source of my freezing issues.

For me the freeze are random, and happen mostly when I come back on the platform wheel. Rarely when entering in games wheel. 

But it happens with megadrive, neo geo, etc, not a specific platform.

Maybe the future update with the new Community Theme Creator will repair this, I hope. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i really love this theme, but i have lots of freezing/crashing issue with it.

I've tried to apply it to a super newly fresh install of BigBox but still the same.... Most of the time not to say all the times it happens is either when i'm out of the option menu and go back to BigBox, i might have a 20/30 second freeze or black screen before BigBox works again, or when i'm back from a platform to a parent category, it just crashes.... This happens to BigBox 10.11, i haven't tried any béta as i dont want to take any risk with my "hundreds of hours" setup :)

i see lot of people have that kind of issues with this super good looking theme, and i'd like to know if some of you have found a solution coz i f**** love this theme ?

Edited by Elhora